Ooltewah Basketball Season Canceled

Southtowner

I have seen some posts mentioning the apparent ringleader is not even from Ooltewah. It is wrong regardless of where he is from but having someone from outside the community disgrace the school in such a way might lead to efforts to limit such moves.

Yes..2 of the 3 thugs were zoned for Brainerd.....101 hardship transfers in this year ALONE at ooltewah...geeze I wonder how many of those are playing athletics..hummm. little brother E. HAMILTON Has 85 this year alone...Humm hummm

I have never had a problem with Ooltewah football, but some of the things that have come out since then makes me and a lot of other folks wonder. Like all of the hardships granted? What's that about? Read an article saying apparently their could be a lot of illegal students going there for sports? Did that include football players? I guess we will never really know until things come out if they ever do? From reading the article it makes you think that Ooltewah has been getting inner city students to come there for sports, whether it's fully true or not who knows? That's what makes me mad, to think if that was the case that we may have lost to a bunch of cheaters, you know? It all just makes you wonder, that's all. No hard feelings towards any Ooltewah posters here, but that's just the impression I got from the article I read. And weren't some of the football players on the basketball team and involved in this as well? Yeah, I hate to paint a broad brush, and I know their are great people there, but things have gone on there and the truth is starting to come out. It just sucks that a kids life was in jeopardy for that to happen. Not trying to offend anyone here. I enjoy talking with all of the Ooltewah guys, PA included.

That's fair, SS. I read the same article- and to me it states the obvious- the two largest and 'best' schools in the county receive the most hardship / transfer requests (Ooltewah and East Hamilton). East Hamilton receives the most based on percentage, for what it's worth. If we were bussing in talent, I think both programs would be unstoppable (the assigned zone is already athlete heavy). I know of at least 4 kids that have hardships for academics that do not play sports.

As far as the articles and news reports, I've read so many versions of facts that contradict themselves I can't even see straight anymore. The truth will come out in the wash and I'm glad no one has been fired until the investigation proves it necessary.

That's fair, SS. I read the same article- and to me it states the obvious- the two largest and 'best' schools in the county receive the most hardship / transfer requests (Ooltewah and East Hamilton). East Hamilton receives the most based on percentage, for what it's worth. If we were bussing in talent, I think both programs would be unstoppable (the assigned zone is already athlete heavy). I know of at least 4 kids that have hardships for academics that do not play sports.

As far as the articles and news reports, I've read so many versions of facts that contradict themselves I can't even see straight anymore. The truth will come out in the wash and I'm glad no one has been fired until the investigation proves it necessary.

Strange question. Why on wikipedia does it say that Ooltewah only has 700 or so people living there? How are they that big of a school?

It doesn't even say it is a city, though. It says it's a "census-designated place in Hamilton County" whatever that means? Also says it is one of the wealthiest areas in Hamilton Co?

OK, Ooltewah is a small town, located in Hamilton County. The Census numbers being that low is surprising to me, BUT, the population of the school does not come from the town only. There are no City Schools in Hamilton County since the City of Chattanooga decided to shut down the city school system and turned it all over to the County. So Ooltewah High draws on the county's surrounding areas as well using zoning as determined  by the Hamilton County School System. And yes, it has become one of the wealthier areas of the county.

Wonder where all the Ooltewah posters are? Haven't heard a squeak from any of them since this happened. The whole sports program there is a big joke. Hate that we lost to them in football. I hate it for everyone involved, but maybe this was the only way things would get out about how things are run there. Still praying for all involved.

The coaches and players on the football team would never allow something like this to happen. Same school but totally different atmosphere and culture and focus.

Righhhhtttttt..ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

he hate me not...have you forgot about the MR FOOTBALL FINALIST that Punched his GIRLFRIEND in the face....Hummmm ..sounds like assault to me...and last I checked mr football is an award for FOOTBALL!! and from what I hear that wasn't HIS 1st rodeo either..keep trying to make it sound like ooltewah is the high and mighty....Hamilton County sheriff's office was called to ooltewah around 100 times last year alone for disipline and or disturbances...looks like that 1 for every hardship transfer the have