Oak Ridge 2016

OR nole

OR has most always been known to have undersized linemen. Barring a few years like '91, '05, and '14 we have always thrived on having strong undersized linemen that made up for it in technique and footwork and of course working their a#$%$ off in the weight room. Gaddis mentioned on one of the coaches shows last season. He said we have never been known for producing big linemen. For whatever reason it has never been something we have been accustomed to having. In HS it doesn't mean nearly as much as it does in the upper level leagues. I'll take a smaller undersized linemen who has good footwork, technique, and knows how to use pad leverage anyday than a big ole slow lughead. But, when you can combine both, that's when you have something special.

Well stated SweetScience.

The Galloway kid at Jefferson looked real good. The freshman team had a few good ones. As a whole, you're right, not big and not a lot of them. Too many decide not to play. The fact we can't get many real JV games discourages sophomores and they decide to do something else. Don't get varsity snaps and don't play freshmen games.

One lineman stood out for JMS in the game or two that I saw them play, so that must have been him. He's a good one

The Galloway kid at Jefferson looked real good. The freshman team had a few good ones. As a whole, you're right, not big and not a lot of them. Too many decide not to play. The fact we can't get many real JV games discourages sophomores and they decide to do something else. Don't get varsity snaps and don't play freshmen games.

I wonder why we can't get many JV games?

All the talk about small linemen but I remember a beast in 91'. I can't recall his name at the moment but he was well over 300lbs and lined up over our guy at 185lbs.

Yep, that was Richard Howard. Unfortunately, he isn't with us any longer. Richard was pretty low key and easy going on the field. If he had of been aggressive their is no telling what he could've become. Unfortunately, his life ended in a violent and tragic and strange way. He was 6'8'' 325 a monster of a man.

Who do u feel will be OR 's biggest challenger in the district guys?

From what I'm hearing it'll be Campbell County. Wow, I can't believe I even wrote that sentence, it looks weird. Lol.

But seriously, guys at work say they've got 17 or 18 starters back from a 5-5 team that made playoffs last season. Two, really good qb' too. I hear they've got a couple RB's that their trying to get in the game plan of that run and shoot offense. Guy said they were just too good not to run the ball 15-20 times a game. Idk tho, they like to toss it around.

What have you guys heard about potential challengers?

Who do u feel will be OR 's biggest challenger in the district guys?

From what I'm hearing it'll be Campbell County. Wow, I can't believe I even wrote that sentence, it looks weird. Lol.

But seriously, guys at work say they've got 17 or 18 starters back from a 5-5 team that made playoffs last season. Two, really good qb' too. I hear they've got a couple RB's that their trying to get in the game plan of that run and shoot offense. Guy said they were just too good not to run the ball 15-20 times a game. Idk tho, they like to toss it around.

What have you guys heard about potential challengers?

CC will be better but I'll bet that Farragut will be the biggest challenge again. I've seen our last few freshmen and Jv games with them and they beat us every time.