Alcoa 2016

AlcoaBasketball

Back in the sixties before classification Alcoa played some of the best teams in the state and was voted number 11 in Tennessee in 1966. They also had the best player that has ever played football in Blount County and also had the second best player, (Albert Davis and David Davis) who both played pro football. If your old enough to remember this as I am the place was jam packed every game because everyone came from miles to see this kid play. For those that have never seen this guy play I would go to Youtube and look for Albert Davis High Lights and see the crowds and how he ran over or around you. For people that are my age it's hard to see who Alcoa played back then and now play teams that are no match before empty stands almost every Friday Night except for County Rivals. That is one reason I wished Alcoa was playing in 4A to at least get some better teams on the schedule and I do also believe they would continue to do well as they have in 3A.2uhodbp.jpg

Albert Davis was a heck of a great player at Tennessee also

I have several game film that I am having converted over.One of the films in the 1978 Alcoa vs Maryville game.Even though Maryville won that game 21 to 14 it was still a great game.Alcoa led 14-0 but with only 26 players on the team and only 15-19 players actually seeing playing time,Maryville just flat out wore Alcoa down.We are selling copies to players and fans.When I recoup my money back for the cost of the conversion we plan on donating any future money to Alcoa Football Boosters so we can put it into the recruiting slush fund. (lol)

Seriously though,the next film will be the '78 Alcoa vs Maryville. A good friend who played center for Alcoa in this game knows a lot of the Maryville players from that era and we thought we'd be nice and let them in on the action as well by doing the same thing and sharing on half the proceeds to donate to the Maryville boosters club also.I'll let you know when it happens and give you a way to contact me in case you want to spread the word to your cohorts. (lol)

Mr Twister,

Just now catching up on this thread but ... would you happen to have a copy of Alcoa vs Friendsville from that '78 season?  I was on that Friendsville team.  We were both undefeated coming in, the Tornadoes prevailed 31-0 that night.  I would love to be able to relive trying to block Sam Love all night.  :rolleyes: