Alcoa 2016

AlcoaBasketball

Nope. Not related to a criminal. Twenty-eight years in uniform serving this great nation. Proudly retired and still serving our nation in nuclear security. Hard core conservative; but that is not what this board is about. You are a sick person that desperately needs help. Please, get another hobby.....like quilting, scrap booking, or something less taxing to your conspiracy mindset.

Scrap book.......quilting? This nut job can barely lick the widows on the short bus!!! :huh:

Back in the sixties before classification Alcoa played some of the best teams in the state and was voted number 11 in Tennessee in 1966. They also had the best player that has ever played football in Blount County and also had the second best player, (Albert Davis and David Davis) who both played pro football. If your old enough to remember this as I am the place was jam packed every game because everyone came from miles to see this kid play. For those that have never seen this guy play I would go to Youtube and look for Albert Davis High Lights and see the crowds and how he ran over or around you. For people that are my age it's hard to see who Alcoa played back then and now play teams that are no match before empty stands almost every Friday Night except for County Rivals. That is one reason I wished Alcoa was playing in 4A to at least get some better teams on the schedule and I do also believe they would continue to do well as they have in 3A.2uhodbp.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

Hammer I've seen that happen with Oak Ridge when three teams refused to play them and good as Oak Ridge was back then they don't compare to what Maryville and Alcoa have done. Maryville couldn't get a third scrimmage game and had to travel to the center of the state to get one of them. When teams won't even scrimmage you that is a sign of what I'm talking about. If the county teams don't have better luck this year than in the past with both the city teams don't be surprised to see one if not two of the series to end. It's happened before.

You could be right, but I don't think Schad and Hammontree are the kind of coaches that run from competition. Plus you have the benefit of  large cross county rivalry gate money to consider. If you run from a 2A school in your own county when you're a 6A school, you have to question a lot of things about your program and your school.

You'd hate to see it because you're on the "winning" side.  This isn't about kids quitting or not competing. This is about everyone knowing what Alcoa is doing behind the scenes.  Life isn't fair we all know that but there comes a point in time where programs like Alcoa need to be taught a lesson.  It was the same way in middle tn with Goodpasture.  The way they recruit players in year after year, other district teams refused to play them and actually forfeited games.  If all the region teams over there got together and forfeited the games T$$AA would be forced to do something.  Alcoa needs to be made to play at the highest level in Div I because of the amount of "transfers" they get in for football.  You never hear of any other sport at this school dominating their district/region foes so this is not a "coincidence" as morons like Scott50 would lead us to believe.  Its underhanded and its wrong period.  You may win another gold ornament but keep selling your souls to do it and see how that works out for ya!  :popcorneater:

I disagree. I've coached small schools against much bigger schools, some of which have been accused of  "recruiting."  It was tough but it taught the kids to overcome obstacles, out work problems even when life's not fair, to not make excuses, to adapt and overcome.  We lost most of those, but we won a few as well.

The program eventually raised itself to the level where it could compete with these schools. It took a while , but the foundation was laid when my kids manned up and faced what was in front of them. I hear from some of those kids on a pretty regular basis and they will tell you that those lessons they learned through competition, preparation and not making excuses have served them well in their careers, in the military and in their family life.  

What kind of example would the schools be setting by teaching the kids when things get tough , just quit, stomp your feet, hold your breath and let your mommy take up for you about how unfair things are for her baby?