Best Teams in Class AA

ballinup90

Just saw the Jackson Sun dirty dozen and it's way off. I agree with Westview and Middleton but no way Haywood should be ahead of South Side. South Side returns 5 kids who got 20 plus minutes last year. Haywood has 3. And Lexington probably is better than number 12. Peabody should be ahead of Gibson County and Gleason probably should be top 5. But hey it's politics.

Just saw the Jackson Sun dirty dozen and it's way off. I agree with Westview and Middleton but no way Haywood should be ahead of South Side. South Side returns 5 kids who got 20 plus minutes last year. Haywood has 3. And Lexington probably is better than number 12. Peabody should be ahead of Gibson County and Gleason probably should be top 5. But hey it's politics.

Just read the Jackson Sun also its so bias its not worth the read.  Good thing the game is played on the floor versus in print.  Also tired of seeing the same 3 players always being mentioned.  It would be nice to see some diversity in that paper!!!

Main issue is I don't like them ranking teams without seeing them play over the summer. I saw 10 teams in the top 12 play. And the main folks like me and the other posters that keep tabs on West Tennessee high school basketball year round know what everybody has. That's why the Jackson Sun Sports will never be taken seriously. Don't rank teams because they have a kid that's gonna play Division 1 basketball. It's called TEAM and not one player.

South Side has had all the hype the past two years, but what have they done...choked. Jackson Sun put them as the favorite, so maybe they got smart.

South Side has had all the hype the past two years, but what have they done...choked. Jackson Sun put them as the favorite, so maybe they got smart.

What do you call choked? I think they won 20+ games 2 seasons ago and last season they won a tough district regular season and championship. Did they choke because they didnt go to state? Well i guess you can say all the teams around here that went choked too since they didnt win state?

• 2 months later...

Cheatham County returns every single player from a team that went to Sectionals last year. Also added a freshman that can play as physical as need be. I took at look at their schedule and it looks pretty favorable, especially early on, with the exception of Rossview, which will be tough. Thoughts?

Lady Cubs will be in the same spot as last year. Can they break through in the sectional game wil be the question? They definitely have the talent, size, speed and shooting to make state. Need to win that region and get that sectional game at home. District should be theirs for the taking.

What does Chester have besides Pipkin, who can really fill it up? They lost the shooter that came from mcnairy and the black kid that rebounded well for them. I believe the lil guard will be decent but i dont foresee them beating Lexington or Southside

Lexington has an uphill battle...one of their most steady players is dropping basketball to concentrate on softball.

I would imagine Westview is still the team to beat out of this area even with the loss of Tasia. She will be back before district tournaments so the losses they take during the season won't be a good indication of how good they really are.

Dyersburg has a chance to be good. They're one of the most talented teams in this area, it's just a matter of the players coming out and being consistent every night. They return the majority of their team from last year and have a chance to be really good this year. They did just beat Chester by 20 the other day at UTM team camp.

South Side should win that district I would think. They got the transfer from McNairy, return Cunningham and Curry, and Quanardra will be even better with a year of high school experience behind her. Lexington and Chester both lost some key players so the verdict is still out on how good those two teams will be.

I think you are spot on.  South Side is always tough and physical, however if they get whistle happy refs, they could struggle with foul trouble. Still think they will win their district.   Westview wins their district, Dyersburg edges out the rest to squeak out second.