145  D2

152  D2

160  D2

170  D2

182  D2

195  D2

220  D2

285  D1

While D1 has much more depth than D2 is appears as if with the number one wrestler at each weight D2 is much stronger. 

Edited by cbg

120 Ryan McElhaney has pinned the 126 D2 state champ some I'm sure Juan could. 138 Knox fuller won the Bradley tournament when Eli king was there so he either beat him or beat a kid that beat him. 170 no one is beating Linton 182 Ripley wouldn't lose

I am biased towards D1 but this is taking it to another level. Eli King did not wrestle at the Bradley Invitational. Wrestling is all about match ups. McElhaney did pin Eason but that does not mean Hernandez would.

I am biased towards D1 but this is taking it to another level. Eli King did not wrestle at the Bradley Invitational. Wrestling is all about match ups. McElhaney did pin Eason but that does not mean Hernandez would.

Eason smoked McElhaney the week before at Cleveland Duals and then got caught in a roll when McElhaney pinned him (all due credit to Mc, he DID find a way to stick a two timer). I'd still take Eason to win 8/10 in that matchup.

King would beat any 138 in the state by 6. His absence was the only reason Bradley was able to eke out a win at their own tourney.

And I really don't know if there's anyone more dangerous on their feet than Whimper, 182 would be a battle.

Eason smoked McElhaney the week before at Cleveland Duals and then got caught in a roll when McElhaney pinned him (all due credit to Mc, he DID find a way to stick a two timer). I'd still take Eason to win 8/10 in that matchup.

Of course when the D2 kid gets stuck, then it must be luck since he one the first match.  typical.

I assure you 220 would not be a given to D2 Bagley gave up 2 escapes at State in five matches, one on purpose to try for a major, while he wrestled well under weight all year he was still the strongest kid in the weight class physically and mentally, My money biased as it may be, would be on Hunter, he has mastered how to manage a match for the W. 

His only mat loss came after a grueling overtime semi with a physical specimen from SC with nothing left in the tank for the final at the fandetti.  Was tailored for a stall a thon counter type win in the final for a relatively fresh opponent.

His other loss was in a tie on injury time when he hurt his knee first match of the season with the South Carolina State Champ (another physical beast who had to cut hard to make 220). 

No accounting for the fight and competitive spirit in that dog... 

I assure you 220 would not be a given to D2 Bagley gave up 2 escapes at State in five matches, one on purpose to try for a major, while he wrestled well under weight all year he was still the strongest kid in the weight class physically and mentally, My money biased as it may be, would be on Hunter, he has mastered how to manage a match for the W.

His only mat loss came after a grueling overtime semi with a physical specimen from SC with nothing left in the tank for the final at the fandetti. Was tailored for a stall a thon counter type win in the final for a relatively fresh opponent.

His other loss was in a tie on injury time when he hurt his knee first match of the season with the South Carolina State Champ (another physical beast who had to cut hard to make 220).

No accounting for the fight and competitive spirit in that dog...

Everyone gets to have an opinion on this topic and that is what makes it fun / interesting. Many weights could be argued either way based on scenarios but at some point it comes down to objective thoughts based on actual results. They ultimately don't mean much (just like rankings) and that is why we wrestle the matches.

However, if you get down to trying to be somewhat objective it would be hard to favor Bagley in the hypothetical match. Match-ups matters but Bagley took a lose to the wrestler who finished 4th in DII 220. Objectively you would have to favor DII at that weight.