Van Buren county girls- 1st trip to State

VB-booster

Jackson County had regressed late in the season. VB did a good job and was the better team, however this year's team was one of the weakest teams Jackson County has had over the past 20 years. Gibson County will win this game

by double digits if they are as good as advertised. VB has one player that is really good and they play hard as a team. I wish the girls from VB good luck and congratulations on a state

tournament birth!

I knew this was a rebuilding year for Jackson County but still had a good year making sub-state. GC is a good team but can be beat on a bad day just like anyone

else. No disrespect to this GC team but they are not as good as the last group in 2009-2010 but not many teams are. They are well coached and have 4 pretty good ball players that get after you.

Van Buren I am sure will not be easy. You don't make it to the Boro and not be pretty good. I am just glad we have a great coach who is one of best talent developers I have ever seen and a

great group of young kids coming in. GC will have 12 Freshman and Sophomores next year that will all be good. They are loaded with youth. They may be a little down next year because of youth

but I am really excited about the future of GC Basketball. We are really blessed with a good coach. You know as well as I do it is a blessing getting to the Glass House. Single A in West TN is tougher than AA at the moment.

Edited by pioneer42

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this was a rebuilding year for Jackson County but still had a good year making sub-state. GC is a good team but can be beat on a bad day just like anyone

else. No disrespect to this GC team but they are not as good as the last group in 2009-2010 but not many teams are. They are well coached and have 4 pretty good ball players that get after you.

Van Buren I am sure will not be easy. You don't make it to the Boro and not be pretty good. I am just glad we have a great coach who is one of best talent developers I have ever seen and a

great group of young kids coming in. GC will have 12 Freshman and Sophomores next year that will all be good. They are loaded with youth. They may be a little down next year because of youth

but I am really excited about the future of GC Basketball. We are really blessed with a good coach. You know as well as I do it is a blessing getting to the Glass House. Single A in West TN is tougher than AA at the moment.

Agreed!  Playing in the state tournament is special.  Unfortunately for Jackson County the rebuilding really begins now and there isn't much help on the way as of this moment.  The programs at Pickett County and Clarkrange are loaded and back loaded with talent so look for both of them to be there next year.  Pickett County will win their side of the bracket, and i'm looking forward to the match up between Gibson County and Middleton in the semi's on the other side.   :popcorneater:

Jackson County had regressed late in the season. VB did a good job and was the better team, however this year's team was one of the weakest teams Jackson County has had over the past 20 years. Gibson County will win this game by double digits if they are as good as advertised. VB has one player that is really good and they play hard as a team. I wish the girls from VB good luck and congratulations on a state tournament birth!

It will be a good matchup to watch Smithson defend miss basketball finalist. She has taken the challenge for the past month guarding the best player on opposing team and really embraces that role.

Big shout out to Coach Cheryl Cole and Van Buren county Eaglettes. Last night they punched their ticket to the big dance for the first time in school history. Led by Miss Basketball finalists Lakelyn Bouldin, the Eaglettes beat Jackson county for the first time in years. Congrats to the other 7 teams that made it at was well. See you in Mufreesboro.

Congrats. And good luck.

It will be a good matchup to watch Smithson defend miss basketball finalist. She has taken the challenge for the past month guarding the best player on opposing team and really embraces that role.

Bouldin is a solid player and will be a tough match up for anyone.  There is no doubt why she is going to play at the next level and play well.  

As for the VanBuren team and its crowd i have a few observations to make.  During the game the girls from VanBuren played hard, they didn't make many mistakes and if they did they didn't let it bother them (a sign of good coaching).  They were all over the floor defensively and their fans were so loud and proud of them.  After the game, mom's, dads and friends were all hugging each other and many tears were shed.  Everyone so proud of their kids and community.

On the other sideline i watched the daughter i never had play her last game, sitting next to my best friend.  I have watched her grow up from pigtails to becoming a beautiful young lady.  From rushing the court as a 4th grader when the boys won the substate (before the last second ticked off the clock i might add!) to becoming a state champion.  There were tears on our sideline as well, all proud of our girls and their accomplishments and the way these fine young ladies have represented our community throughout their 4 years at Jackson County High School.  

Let none of us forget we are all so very blessed to still live in the greatest nation on earth and how lucky we are to be able to watch our kids grow up and play this wonderful game of basketball.  

Bouldin is a solid player and will be a tough match up for anyone.  There is no doubt why she is going to play at the next level and play well.  

As for the VanBuren team and its crowd i have a few observations to make.  During the game the girls from VanBuren played hard, they didn't make many mistakes and if they did they didn't let it bother them (a sign of good coaching).  They were all over the floor defensively and their fans were so loud and proud of them.  After the game, mom's, dads and friends were all hugging each other and many tears were shed.  Everyone so proud of their kids and community.

On the other sideline i watched the daughter i never had play her last game, sitting next to my best friend.  I have watched her grow up from pigtails to becoming a beautiful young lady.  From rushing the court as a 4th grader when the boys won the substate (before the last second ticked off the clock i might add!) to becoming a state champion.  There were tears on our sideline as well, all proud of our girls and their accomplishments and the way these fine young ladies have represented our community throughout their 4 years at Jackson County High School.  

Let none of us forget we are all so very blessed to still live in the greatest nation on earth and how lucky we are to be able to watch our kids grow up and play this wonderful game of basketball.  

Everybody sort of "gets it" when it comes to your own kids playing their last game...very few understand the bond that some of us old guys form with kids, parents, and other fans when following "our" teams for years. We celebrate their accomplishments, grieve from their setbacks, and sometimes feel more of a loss at their last games than do the parents...after watching them grow up from children,they are suddenly "out of our circle" when not on the court or in the field any longer. Only when the current players sit in the stands watching little brother or little sister, nieces, nephews, their own kids, grandkids, ect...will they understand what they really mean to their school and community.

Thanks for the post UC...good to know that I'm not the only big ol' softie on here.

In all reality we are all brothers and sisters in God's eyes. I always tell my niece before she hits the floor to have fun and give it your all and glorify your savior win or lose. You have fun and give it your all and see what happens. Looks like the more I hear about Van Buren that GC will have a battle first round. The Miss Basketball Finalist is enough said. We seen Jaycee Coe and the impact she had when Jackson County beat UC a few years back. So, we expect a battle 1st round.