Will Alcoa be able to repeat?

32hammer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think he has been to practice yet if he is. Will be a log jam at running back from what I hear.

thats because he is still at his soon to be previous school.....and its to far to get there in time after his after school studies

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

The Alcoa vs Elizabethton scrimmage was much closer than I thought it would be.  Cyclones moved the ball downfield easily the first couple series.  Alcoa does not seem very solid up front. As for the Cyclons, they were in the Tornadoes backfield often.  I was really impressed with the upper East TN D-line.  Of course both teams were missing athletes due to spring sports, and not sure who that hurt the most.  Rankin will have his team back to the old, but their overall size is not what I've seen in the past.  

The Alcoa vs Elizabethton scrimmage was much closer than I thought it would be.  Cyclones moved the ball downfield easily the first couple series.  Alcoa does not seem very solid up front. As for the Cyclons, they were in the Tornadoes backfield often.  I was really impressed with the upper East TN D-line.  Of course both teams were missing athletes due to spring sports, and not sure who that hurt the most.  Rankin will have his team back to the old, but their overall size is not what I've seen in the past.  

I didn't go to this game but someone had mentioned the score was Alcoa 7 touchdowns to the other teams 2 touchdowns at one point in the game. What was the final scoring.

What I saw was that depth after the 1's will hurt as the season goes on for Elizabethton. I'm not sure what the final score was, but when the 1's were in, it was a very close scrimmage.

Given, Alcoa let Betsy drive the field on the first series for a TD. But after that, Betsy did not score again until the last series against the second and third teams. In the space in between, Alcoa's first unit scored 4 TDs against the ETown first unit. Alcoa's second and third units scored 3 additional TDs against the same units from Betsy. Thus 1v1s, Alcoa 4, Betsy 1. Final 7-2 Alcoa.

Given, Alcoa let Betsy drive the field on the first series for a TD. But after that, Betsy did not score again until the last series against the second and third teams. In the space in between, Alcoa's first unit scored 4 TDs against the ETown first unit. Alcoa's second and third units scored 3 additional TDs against the same units from Betsy. Thus 1v1s, Alcoa 4, Betsy 1. Final 7-2 Alcoa.

Thanks for the clarification scots50. I saw a post on facebook and I ask what the score was at the time and they said 7-2. I didn't know they played until I saw that picture.

I don't ever see Alcoa letting anyone do anything.  Elizabethton did move the ball down field easily on Alcoa the first series.  I saw a long throw by Alcoa go for a score, and a few good runs, but early on it was not a good scrimmage for Alcoa in the earlier parts of the scrimmage. Sure the depth is and will be a factor for Alcoa against any team they play in District play because very few teams at that level have the depth and numbers they have.  That's how it is when you win a lot.  Alcoa is always be a top team and will continue that, but from what I saw the first part of the scrimmage was so much closer than Scots50 is letting on.   

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS