Greenback football 2016

orngnblk

The only thing is that Loudon never played Greenback or any team in Bradley County that year unless it was a scrimmage.

Thanks Barn!Also if I remember reading a few years ago about Sloan he DID make AllState at Bradley,could be wrong but I do remember that. Edited by orngnblk

To be honest with you,Silvey is one of my favorite players I've ever watched I love his intensity.Willis is a real GB kid tougher than freaken nails and plays like we expect him to.Harris last year was also one of my favorites to wear the OnB.These young kids Hanley,Plemons,Gilbert and so on are great young players.I don't have to toot there horn that's not what I'm about,I didn't even toot my own sons horn and he was a Great player also.What do you want...I will tell you this if you want my respect you better take the ball when its handed to you and run like your hair is on fire,play injured(its part of the game)and when your in the biggest game of your life YOU ASK FOR THE DURN BALL and hit the hole like a train!Now we can do this or we can pull together for the same team because I know a little more than you do about this team and this game so give it a rest,and be a Cherokee or go on back to Madisonville and root for the Nader's or Chiefs or whoever you used to pull for.

I have been on here for years and the last two so far,I have had to defend myself to my own team,getting old PSP,FFM,or the crazy name you had last year.Let's get over it!

Doubt there will be many outsiders pulling for Greenback this season. You may have got some good transfers  but they are not what Greenback has always been. This will get good as the season goes by. I feel for you O@B

• Upvote 1

I thought you didn't toot your own kids horns. Well I read while ago where you sure were. You were bragging about their  awards. I won every award you did, but you didn't see me on here bragging on myself.I 'm not trying to start a war, just wanted you to know, but we didn't have all state in those days. We weren't even classed back then. I played against Steve Sloan, Joe Namath's back up, and he lead Alabama to a national championship, and I played against Albert Davis , and David Davis his cousin, and Maryville 4 years in a row. Did you play them? I was recruited by UT, Miississippi State, Tennessee Tech, The Citadel, and 3 more mititary school;, but a knee injury ended it all for me. Pray these kids don't get hurt., and by the way we beat GB 4 years in a row., but I hope GB beats Loudon, Sequoyah, and Gp, by 5 TD's each. Sounds like you had a great career, and I'm proud for you.

If you played against Steve Sloan then you would have had to played for Loudon to have played Maryville four times and Alcoa also. Steve Sloan played high school in 1961.

There's only four school that beat GB 4 times or more in a row in late 50s thru early 60s(the era when my dad played for GB) are...Walland, Townsend, Lanier and Vonore...My guess is your school colors were GREEN and YELLOW.

I'm not from Loudon.

Don't matter. I know a lot about the history of Blount County Football going back to the beginning in the 1920's and read about all those times and ask questions over the years. Those teams all played neighboring counties which I learned about also. Another team would have been Everett Bulldogs that played both Maryville and Alcoa but not Greenback to my knowledge. To have played Steve Sloan would have been in 1961 and to played Albert Davis would be 1964 but without looking at the team picture I was thinking he arrived at Alcoa in 65 his junior year. That would have put you in the eighth grade to have played Sloan but if it was 64 you would have played Sloan as a freshman. I'm not doubting you in the least. I always love to talk to folks that played before me which I played in the mid seventies at Maryville. This week i will go visit someone that is actually the last surviving player from the the 1930's at Maryville so I do enjoy talking and listening to the stories from the past before their gone. I also know about Greenbacks history and their first game in 1957 was against Loudon's B team if memory serves me correct. I even have a picture of that team somewhere but it's not at my fingertips at the moment.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Don't matter. I know a lot about the history of Blount County Football going back to the beginning in the 1920's and read about all those times and ask questions over the years. Those teams all played neighboring counties which I learned about also. Another team would have been Everett Bulldogs that played both Maryville and Alcoa but not Greenback to my knowledge. To have played Steve Sloan would have been in 1961 and to played Albert Davis would be 1964 but without looking at the team picture I was thinking he arrived at Alcoa in 65 his junior year. That would have put you in the eighth grade to have played Sloan but if it was 64 you would have played Sloan as a freshman. I'm not doubting you in the least. I always love to talk to folks that played before me which I played in the mid seventies at Maryville. This week i will go visit someone that is actually the last surviving player from the the 1930's at Maryville so I do enjoy talking and listening to the stories from the past before their gone. I also know about Greenbacks history and their first game in 1957 was against Loudon's B team if memory serves me correct. I even have a picture of that team somewhere but it's not at my fingertips at the moment.

Cherokean is our historian also,he will be able to find any record we have against all teams.He like you knows his stuff!He has a thought and is probably on the right trail!LOL.

We more than beat them. We destroyed them, and yes we played them all 4 years. Why do you all want to doubt everything I say? When we saw their name on the schedule, we knew that was a win.

I don't question you at all, just really trying to figure the time you would have played was interesting. It don't matter if you were the water boy or rushed for a thousand yards, just curious what team you were a part of.