Greenback football 2016

orngnblk

I thought you didn't toot your own kids horns. Well I read while ago where you sure were. You were bragging about their  awards. I won every award you did, but you didn't see me on here bragging on myself.I 'm not trying to start a war, just wanted you to know, but we didn't have all state in those days. We weren't even classed back then. I played against Steve Sloan, Joe Namath's back up, and he lead Alabama to a national championship, and I played against Albert Davis , and David Davis his cousin, and Maryville 4 years in a row. Did you play them? I was recruited by UT, Miississippi State, Tennessee Tech, The Citadel, and 3 more mititary school;, but a knee injury ended it all for me. Pray these kids don't get hurt., and by the way we beat GB 4 years in a row., but I hope GB beats Loudon, Sequoyah, and Gp, by 5 TD's each. Sounds like you had a great career, and I'm proud for you.

sorry i have you scratching your heads.Of course,you're trying to make me a liar.Steve Sloan played for 'Bama 62-65.I was a freshman QB for the Naders during the 61  season.They beat us 28-7.Since you seem to want my history here goes.I know it's not as amazing as all yours .I was 2 time All-County as a 6'3" Quarterback in HS.I was All-Conference and All-Tri State.I was recruited  by UT,Miss. State, Tennessee Tech,The  Citadel,3 Military Schools and several smaller schools   and prep schools.Wasn't that good but did throw for 2750 yds. my sr. year.Back then QB's avg.about 5'10' tall so colleges gobbled up a kid that could see over the line.Early injury to me right rotator cuff brought my college chances to a halt.The question about All-State is yes they had the award then but the big schools had dibbs on them because there were no classes then.Schools with 250 kids were in the same "class" with Kingsports,Maryvilles,Bradleys and on and on.Sorry you were confused and had to make me out a liar.

hate to hear that pops

Pigskinplayer you wouldn't believe it if I told you. I know who you are. Here is a picture of Alcoa in 1961 and your on the front row. Don't worry I would never mention your name. I'm sure glad you told us and I didn't doubt you at all but I was right on the time I thought you were talking about. You played for a real good coach back then, Bailey. We both know a few people in common from those day's.34ysqdg.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

Crow I didn't know you were so jealous, because nobody want to come to your school.

My post was meant only as sarcasm. Myself, GFD and OnB watched many games together last season. I would almost bet I drove as many miles to watch GB last year as you did, probably more. I watched 4 of their 5 playoff games including Cookeville. I also watched 2 regular season games. I truly pull for GB every week with the obvious exception of course. Just wanted to jab at my ole buddies, that's all.

As for nobody wanting to come to Oneida, we did pick up a great coach out of Georgia and had a QB come in this summer. He will be a freshman so probably won't beat out the senior that has 3 years as starter but this kid should be fun to watch the next 4 years.

pigskinplayer I agree the transfers contributed to that but it takes more than 2 players. Put in the second string quarterback and see what happens. I also feel that the best running back didn't get to play much and that would be number 6. He runs the ball hard and doesn't lay down when he gets hit. Just saying.

pigskinplayer I agree the transfers contributed to that but it takes more than 2 players. Put in the second string quarterback and see what happens. I also feel that the best running back didn't get to play much and that would be number 6. He runs the ball hard and doesn't lay down when he gets hit. Just saying.

You gave yourselves away!! No one ever agrees with pigskinplayer