Alcoa reloading

32hammer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy of mine said Alcoa got the big 4 from Eagleton's undefeated team. A lineman, QB and 2 RBs. May help take a little of the sting from losing those transfers to Maryville. 2018 and 2019 may be same the most overall talented teams, from both schools at the same time, we've ever seen. Our apologizes to the rest of the state in advance for what those teams will do.

WB has some talent coming up as well if they can hold on to them, they'll definitely be winning some games 

One thing you can always count on!  Maryville playing UP in classification to play at the highest level in Div I and Alcoa recruiting and staying at the 3A level to win another gold ornament at all cost.  Those two things are just as big a guarantee as death and taxes!   :popcorneater:

One thing you can always count on!  Maryville playing UP in classification to play at the highest level in Div I and Alcoa recruiting and staying at the 3A level to win another gold ornament at all cost.  Those two things are just as big a guarantee as death and taxes!   :popcorneater:

Once again your wrong. Alcoa is a 2a school playing UP in 3a. I'm sure the tssaa isn't going to let you jump multiple classes to play even tho they are always one of the top teams in the state no matter what classifications. Haters are always going to hate

I've never thought enrollment was the true barometer to what class a team should be in. Alcoa's major advantage is that the town itself has a great commercial infrastructure that has payed the way for Alcoa High School to have a brand new building, and many other things you would see at some small college's. Who wouldn't want their kids to be apart of that. For only $600.00 your kid could be apart of that is peanuts. Right now there are no zoning multiplier rules I know of but eventually I see that coming. I am not on here to preach Alcoa to be moved up but you have to compare apples and oranges sometimes and not enrollment. Eventually a bunch of schools will get together as a group and refuse to play Alcoa taking a forfeit as to take a beating and put them in a major bind as this happened to Oak Ridge during their dominate years when four district schools cancelled their games. For those that don't think this will happen ask any longtime fan of Oak Ridge.

I've never thought enrollment was the true barometer to what class a team should be in. Alcoa's major advantage is that the town itself has a great commercial infrastructure that has payed the way for Alcoa High School to have a brand new building, and many other things you would see at some small college's. Who wouldn't want their kids to be apart of that. For only $600.00 your kid could be apart of that is peanuts. Right now there are no zoning multiplier rules I know of but eventually I see that coming. I am not on here to preach Alcoa to be moved up but you have to compare apples and oranges sometimes and not enrollment. Eventually a bunch of schools will get together as a group and refuse to play Alcoa taking a forfeit as to take a beating and put them in a major bind as this happened to Oak Ridge during their dominate years when four district schools cancelled their games. For those that don't think this will happen ask any longtime fan of Oak Ridge.

See its not just blount county that has open zoned school. Alot of counties in Tn are opened zoned. I dont see a multiplier for open zoned schools because that's a school board decision not a tssaa rule. Open zones don't offer financial assistance and it's usually the difference in city and county taxes. There would be more school hurt that are opened zoned if a multiplier was added than it actually helped if you actually knew how many counties are open zoned

Edited by Swipes

When I saw Alcoa practicing the other day, it looked like they have a smaller team than they usually do. Not saying they have a small team numbers wise, they still have more than the average 3A team, but not as big as they usually have.

Your at the wrong place asking those questions Gov but it's called attrition an it's happening at an alarming rate the past two years. Alcoa and Maryville are both going through the same problem. Most with rose colored glasses don't pay attention to things like that or don't wan't to talk about what some of the problems may be but rather attack with some stupid comment Jethro Bodine would think of.