Week 2: Meigs @ Oneida

crow

Coach Lambert is one of my favorite coaches in the state. He  not only teaches football, he tries to make winners  in life. PCC is the motto and its real. And like you said ,I've seen teams whip um all over the field and still lose. I'm pretty sure Meigs should have won this game last year.

Yep, we stole one in OT down there last year. Boys kept digging and hung around to the end and when the door cracked open we ran through that sucker lol.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they had good stats but if I remember correctly a lot of those numbers came on a couple of long break away runs. I'm certainly not implying that meigs is not a good team. Heck, quite the contrary, I was just a bit surprised at the difficulty y'all had running between the tackles consistently. Y'all did have success but it was tough sledding and inconsistent between the tackles is all I meant. More of a compliment to sweetwater than anything really.

Sweetwater is better than advertised. They had the box loaded pretty heavy and we had more speed than they did, guess it just made sense to run outside. I know that whenever Meigs needed 4 yards it seemed they could get it on a QB sneak. Can't have the penalties and turnovers this week, they cost us against the Indians last year.

Meigs traveled to Oneida once many years ago I believe. Early 90's, maybe late 80's.

I would say based on the evidence of the first game that the Indians D is capable of keeping any Meigs Co. scores manageable, (this means I expect us to be "in range" of them into the fourth)  I thought the Meig's Defense last year played a little bunched up and that would not be a good idea this time around because Oneida's QB is sharp throwing the ball and the receivers caught every ball. (I think they were 8 for 8?)  Their passing scores were like 71 and 32 yards.....and he threw short and medium length passes too.  Meigs Co. should be the favorite with the players they return but we know how to crack an upset on our home turf. (been more than a few in my time)  I looking forward to what should be an interesting football game.

Kaz

Guest Fall101

Oneida at home and Coach Lambert's D?? I will take that and say that when the 4th starts we will be slap dab in the middle of a slobber knocker.. If we can get the pigskin in the air early to loosen them up, then I like our chances. 

Guest Fall101

Spike funny thing is everyone is talking about this new "air it out" mentality that Oneida suddenly has. We only threw 6 passes against Oakdale. In comparison we threw it 24 times against them last year lol.

I guess the 140 yards makes it look a lot better! I mean the 71 yard TD catch is rare at the Reservation.. I mean I know of times when you could combine games and not accumulate 71 yards passing let alone one pass  :mrgreen: