Metro Rankings

bleacher

22 minutes ago, fb247 said:

then PC should win it all. I will say that I have seen some downfall in coaching when playing schools with equal talent. Not sure I have seen the talent maximized.  

We good just sit back and watch or hate don't matter to us. We need some new haters because the old ones are starting to like us now...lol

Edited by FIREBIRD80

3 hours ago, fb247 said:

Probably all, does not make it right though. 

I would be surprised if actual coach related recruitment was that rampant.   I have had tons of conversations over the years about CPA football where people have accused CPA of recruiting and I always ask them what specific athelete to which they are referring. They can never answer that question...

I hate it because it's disrespectful to the hard work the athletes that have put in since they enrolled in middle or elementary school.  CPA won the state with 17 of 22 starters enrolled in kindergarten. 

Now, the 80s were different as there were head coaches in the living rooms of families trying to convince them that their school should be the choice.  I think we are mostly past that.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2017 at 1:21 PM, workinprogress said:

Glencliff's win was a big win because it ended one of the state's longest losing streaks and first win as a head coach for Tate Thigpen. Sometimes kids need to know what it feels like to win before they can really want to win. If Republic had won the game it would have been a big win for them as well.

Amen ...great for their kids and their nice new stadium!!

15 hours ago, bcd said:

I would be surprised if actual coach related recruitment was that rampant.   I have had tons of conversations over the years about CPA football where people have accused CPA of recruiting and I always ask them what specific athelete to which they are referring. They can never answer that question...

I hate it because it's disrespectful to the hard work the athletes that have put in since they enrolled in middle or elementary school.  CPA won the state with 17 of 22 starters enrolled in kindergarten. 

Now, the 80s were different as there were head coaches in the living rooms of families trying to convince them that their school should be the choice.  I think we are mostly past that.

Don't kid yourself. Most of it now is done through second parties although there are some brazen assistant coaches out there who can be seen (in their school gear), at several metro middle school games each week. Both public and private schools are represented.

Edited by bigchief

5 hours ago, bigchief said:

Don't kid yourself. Most of it now is done through second parties although there are some brazen assistant coaches out there who can be seen (in their school gear), at several metro middle school games each week. Both public and private schools are represented.

What's wrong with wearing school gear? I see some coaches who are in school gear almost 7 days a week. Some of these coaches do have kids who are in little league and middle school.

5 hours ago, bigchief said:

No issue with this. Go to games. Be proud. Wear your school gear. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

No issue with this. Go to games. Be proud. Wear your school gear. 

Here lies the problem, your's and everyone's  thinking. First, you do not see the obvious. Second, has nothing to do with pride. Third, in most cases there is no relative or friend playing. This is called very subtle illegal advertised recruiting. After the game ,you see these proud gear wearing coaches who just happen to be at the game going up to parents of good young players and asking them to look into their school. I have seen this many times. 

Edited by fb247