Metro Rankings

bleacher

On 9/29/2022 at 6:34 PM, JRB said:

About 5 years ago DA sold 20 of the 70+ acres they owned in Sumner Co. To date there has been no development on any of the 70 acres. 

1.  In Middle Tennessee (Sumner County is in Middle Tennessee) it is currently taking multiple years to get zoning approved to build subdivisions and office buildings.  

2.   When property is sold it is just like selling stocks in that it’s nothing more than an investment.  Once something is sold you don’t look back or worry about what one may do or not do with the property.  

3.  People say that no one would want Whites Creek High School but you may be shocked what investors would pay for the property.  

4.  All Metro Nashville Davidson County property that is being under utilized should be sold immediately and placed back on the tax rolls.  People would be shocked as to how much property inside Davidson County does not pay property tax.  

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 1

On 10/8/2022 at 9:08 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

There were 8. I realize your current school didn't have one, but there were plenty that did.

Who were the 8 schools in Metro that fielded a 9th grade football team (BA and MBA don't count)? How about telling us everyone's record and who they played? This will give these kids and their parents some acknowledgment. We know we are not going to see it in any paper.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gone are the good ole days of the Nashville Banner with actual sports writers. Kreager never acknowledges metro teams other than Pearl Cohn, EN, and Cane Ridge. If you arent the cream of the crop or playing the cream of the top, he could care less about you. Unless you happen to be grilling something. 

Edited by workinprogress
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Gone are the good ole days of the Nashville Banner with actual sports writers. Kreager never acknowledges metro teams other than Pearl Cohn, EN, and Cane Ridge. If you arent the cream of the crop or playing the cream of the top, he could care less about you. Unless you happen to be grilling something. 

I miss Harold Huggins... I miss the days when the box scores of all the games were in the paper Saturday morning.  I guess I am getting old. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, I miss that too. It seems like now, unless you are LA, CPA, MBA, Oakland, etc., Kreager isn't going to write about you. Some of the other writers will but it is very rare to see anything in the paper. Same with the other sports too. Huggins used to do write ups all the time on metro sports, even the middle schools would get some coverage. 

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Why should he, I don’t know anything about him other than his title, but what good would come out of focusing on Antioch, Hunters Lane, Glencliff, Maplewood, Hillwood, or Whites Creek. It must be said even as metro posters are the most sensitive on here lol no one  cares lol his title of working with the sole purpose of putting out content that is the most intriguing… I’m not sure how you could disagree. 

3 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I'm not saying to focus on those schools but to cover them. One thing for sure is that you never run out of stories about kids in metro. But it's more than metro. Should be more coverage for all of middle Tennessee. 

The Tennessean killed the small local papers.  I haven’t bought one in years not pay for their meaningless content.   I support the local paper that covers the local schools.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

The Tennessean killed the small local papers.  I haven’t bought one in years not pay for their meaningless content.   I support the local paper that covers the local schools.  

Gannett  killed the Nashville Banner and several of the small newspapers that they purchased. Tommy Squires was one of the best!

16 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Why should he, I don’t know anything about him other than his title, but what good would come out of focusing on Antioch, Hunters Lane, Glencliff, Maplewood, Hillwood, or Whites Creek. It must be said even as metro posters are the most sensitive on here lol no one  cares lol his title of working with the sole purpose of putting out content that is the most intriguing… I’m not sure how you could disagree. 

This guy….smh