Metro Rankings

bleacher

4 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Not much of a market for a 2000 student school building. The land maybe but not enough to cover all the demolition that would be involved.

Ask Davidson Academy how easy it is to just sell your campus and move. Did they ever just sell that property in Sumner Co they were going to move to?

About 5 years ago DA sold 20 of the 70+ acres they owned in Sumner Co. To date there has been no development on any of the 70 acres. 

On 9/27/2022 at 12:38 PM, cbg said:

You must remember that at the beginning of the playoffs you had to "WIN" the district to advance to the playoffs and that was later changed to only the top 2 teams in each district advanced to the playoffs.  You also only had 3 divisions so making it to the playoffs was a big deal.  

I don’t know how teams were selected in earliest days when playoffs started in 1969. I do know that somewhere along the way all region champs qualified. In 1985 they changed it to the top two teams in each region. In 1993 they went from 3 to 5 classifications. The top 3 qualified, with the champ getting a bye week one. That lasted one season until they switched to a traditional top 4 format in ‘94. I know the old timers in Chattanooga still talk about a Brainard team (coached by the late Pete Potter) that went 10-0 and yet missed the playoffs in the very early days.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:18 PM, FBfan26 said:

I read somewhere on here that some teams had lost one game and didn’t make the playoffs because of it. That’s CRAZY if you think about it especially nowadays.

The brackets are on the TSSAA website. The AAA playoffs in '71 were MBA, Covington, Red Bank and Tennessee from Bristol. There were several undefeated teams who didn't make the play-offs.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 8:33 AM, FBfan26 said:

With the city championship over good luck to all the metro schools. Hope everyone wins their divisions and make some noise in the playoffs.

I remember when this story would be good for an article, and maybe a picture in the Tennessean. There are very few good teams that don't field a freshman team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 18NCS said:

I don't think anyone cares about 9th grade metro football on this site. How many 9th grade teams are there in metro..... 4 maybe  ?  

I mean this is a metro post. A lot of parents are proud of their kids and actually this year I want to say it was 7 out of 13. Heck WC even had about 25 freshman.

• Like 1