Metro Rankings

bleacher

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

I can't speak for Lawson but if it were me I'd want to go ahead and get used to 5A football if that's where I was going to go, that way by Year 3 there isnt adjustment period to the uptick in quality competition

Good points and I guess that makes sense as an administrator long term but to the expense of this years' seniors and juniors who likely will never see the playoffs. Could have started new school with some much-needed success early on if they went 4A. These kids these days seem to need instant gratification and this west Nashville public school hasn't seen success since Jerry Link (2004). Good luck to the staff holding on to the young talent as many of the Nashville public school coaches poach players during the 7 on 7 offseason. 

15 minutes ago, 18NCS said:

Good points and I guess that makes sense as an administrator long term but to the expense of this years' seniors and juniors who likely will never see the playoffs. Could have started new school with some much-needed success early on if they went 4A. These kids these days seem to need instant gratification and this west Nashville public school hasn't seen success since Jerry Link (2004). Good luck to the staff holding on to the young talent as many of the Nashville public school coaches poach players during the 7 on 7 offseason. 

If it were up to me, all new schools would be ineligible for the postseason anyways, but no guarantee they would have found any greater success in 4A. Lawson has the same problem every other MNPS school not named Pearl or EN has. They seem to be in good hands with the current HC

BTW, let's not put all the blame on the kids for the current state of transfers across TNHSFB the adults are far more responsible

Edited by MidTennFootball

6 hours ago, 18NCS said:

Not sure when the last time you visited Hillwood was, but it certainly had a metro feel to me. Lawson had the best 9th Grade Football team in Metro this year and won the City Championship, so they have that going for them. I just don't understand why they would subject themselves to playing Page, Nolensville, Centennial, Hillsboro each year when those schools have the larger enrollment. Let's say they were in 4A and got beat by PC every year... at least they would secure a playoff berth and have the possibility to advance to the 3rd round on a consistent basis.

Best of luck tonight to East Nashville and PC. Hope both squads make it to the semis! 

Why not call ol' Stephen up and ask him the reasoning for the move up?

Edited by MichaelMyers76

On 11/17/2023 at 5:00 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

Why not call ol' Stephen up and ask him the reasoning for the move up?

Don't really care that much to be honest. I like him and wish him and Lawson the best. It would not have been the decision I would have made if I had the choice to make. Hope they can keep their new coach from going to BA. 

33 minutes ago, 18NCS said:

Don't really care that much to be honest. I like him and wish him and Lawson the best. It would not have been the decision I would have made if I had the choice to make. Hope they can keep their new coach from going to BA. 

He left as an assistant. Why would he return in the same role?

They are aiming WAY over his head for head coach.

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

He left as an assistant. Why would he return in the same role?

They are aiming WAY over his head for head coach.

He wouldn't leave to be an assistant. If they offered him the HC position, I assume he would take it. Not sure who BA will go after, but they have been poorly coached for the last several years imo. Maybe they don't have the UNA connection like years past... They can aim as high as they want, and they may get who they want with the talent on campus, but they have underachieved as a program as of late. 

6 hours ago, 18NCS said:

He wouldn't leave to be an assistant. If they offered him the HC position, I assume he would take it. Not sure who BA will go after, but they have been poorly coached for the last several years imo. Maybe they don't have the UNA connection like years past... They can aim as high as they want, and they may get who they want with the talent on campus, but they have underachieved as a program as of late. 

But he was PART of that underachieving as an assistant so...................................................

• 2 weeks later...

So where do you have this PCHS team all time in metro Nashville?

1.  1981 Overton. Not ever going to be topped

2. 2023 PCHS. 15-0. Won at MBA and at state champion CPA

3. 2008 Hillsboro. Ended Maryville 74 game winning streak 

4-5. 1996-1997 PCHS. John Henderson/Buck Fitzgerald teams

6. 1989 Whites Creek.  Led by future Super Bowl  champion Shelton Quarrels one of the great all time defenses

7.  1991 Stratford.  The 4 horsemen.  Peaked here should have won it all in ‘92  

that’s my list that I have seen in person  

11 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

So where do you have this PCHS team all time in metro Nashville?

1.  1981 Overton. Not ever going to be topped

2. 2023 PCHS. 15-0. Won at MBA and at state champion CPA

3. 2008 Hillsboro. Ended Maryville 74 game winning streak 

4-5. 1996-1997 PCHS. John Henderson/Buck Fitzgerald teams

6. 1989 Whites Creek.  Led by future Super Bowl  champion Shelton Quarrels one of the great all time defenses

7.  1991 Stratford.  The 4 horsemen.  Peaked here should have won it all in ‘92  

that’s my list that I have seen in person  

Old heads got to answer this lol. I don’t have that much knowledge but I do remember the PCH teams and the Hillsboro team.

Edited by FBfan26
  • Like 1