Metro Rankings

bleacher

On 12/2/2023 at 7:49 PM, Navy21412 said:

So where do you have this PCHS team all time in metro Nashville?

1.  1981 Overton. Not ever going to be topped

2. 2023 PCHS. 15-0. Won at MBA and at state champion CPA

3. 2008 Hillsboro. Ended Maryville 74 game winning streak 

4-5. 1996-1997 PCHS. John Henderson/Buck Fitzgerald teams

6. 1989 Whites Creek.  Led by future Super Bowl  champion Shelton Quarrels one of the great all time defenses

7.  1991 Stratford.  The 4 horsemen.  Peaked here should have won it all in ‘92  

that’s my list that I have seen in person  

1997 Pearl Cohn team is the best metro team of all time! After them you can rank as you please!!! Remember both Pearl Cohn 1996 and this 1997 teams won it with private schools also. It’s no way you can put neither Hillsboro teams In front them!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

On 12/4/2023 at 5:41 AM, FIREBIRD80 said:

1997 Pearl Cohn team is the best metro team of all time! After them you can rank as you please!!! Remember both Pearl Cohn 1996 and this 1997 teams won it with private schools also. It’s no way you can put neither Hillsboro teams In front them!

Pearl-Cohn  1996 won it with the private schools.  Father Ryan was in the region with them.  

In 1997 Division II was created and that's when the private schools left the larger classes (at the time 4A and 5A).  David Lipscomb and Goodpasture were still 2A and all of the "Alphabet Schools" were all 1A still at that time.  

The region in 1997-1998 was as follows:

1.)  Pearl-Cohn 

2.)  Springfield

3.)  Whites Creek

4.)  Cheatham County

5.)  Maplewood

6.)  Beech

7.)  Stratford

8.)  Clarksville

9.)  Kenwood (1st Year)

Personally those were my days of growing up as a 7th and 8th grader running around with my buddies at the games in awe of the "giants" who we got to see play on Friday nights while dreaming of playing under the lights on Friday nights in the years to come.    

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Pearl-Cohn  1996 won it with the private schools.  Father Ryan was in the region with them.  

In 1997 Division II was created and that's when the private schools left the larger classes (at the time 4A and 5A).  David Lipscomb and Goodpasture were still 2A and all of the "Alphabet Schools" were all 1A still at that time.  

The region in 1997-1998 was as follows:

1.)  Pearl-Cohn 

2.)  Springfield

3.)  Whites Creek

4.)  Cheatham County

5.)  Maplewood

6.)  Beech

7.)  Stratford

8.)  Clarksville

9.)  Kenwood (1st Year)

Personally those were my days of growing up as a 7th and 8th grader running around with my buddies at the games in awe of the "giants" who we got to see play on Friday nights while dreaming of playing under the lights on Friday nights in the years to come.    

You are correct!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 7:49 PM, Navy21412 said:

So where do you have this PCHS team all time in metro Nashville?

1.  1981 Overton. Not ever going to be topped

2. 2023 PCHS. 15-0. Won at MBA and at state champion CPA

3. 2008 Hillsboro. Ended Maryville 74 game winning streak 

4-5. 1996-1997 PCHS. John Henderson/Buck Fitzgerald teams

6. 1989 Whites Creek.  Led by future Super Bowl  champion Shelton Quarrels one of the great all time defenses

7.  1991 Stratford.  The 4 horsemen.  Peaked here should have won it all in ‘92  

that’s my list that I have seen in person  

#6 got that backside handed to them by Gallatin! 

#7 got that one dimensional team with 3 1000 yard rushers beat by Gallatin!  And for the record in 92’ they were not beating that same Gallatin team, period!! 

• Like 1