Metro Rankings

bleacher

2 hours ago, GoldenTicket8910 said:

I think they all have a chance to get to the big dance but winning it is another issue. i would think HB has the least difficult path. This could be a good year for metro. 3A PC could get over the hump if defensively they hold up.  4A Maplewood has a ton of talent and have been battle tested, 5A Hillsboro will return one of the best defenses and could go far if they can score some points, and 6A CR is back like the haven't skipped a beat. They battled and held their own with Oakland last week. It should be an exciting year this year for metro.

Would have a blast if we could all make it... #MetroBoomin

On 7/30/2018 at 8:16 AM, MidTennFootball said:

Give me Eddie Woods or  Tony Brunetti as  HC and I'll beat most 'well-coached teams'. Whoever you regard as 'well coached' is gonna struggle if they don't have the players

And they are good as any getting players!!

On 8/9/2018 at 7:19 AM, GoldenTicket8910 said:

I think they all have a chance to get to the big dance but winning it is another issue. i would think HB has the least difficult path. This could be a good year for metro. 3A PC could get over the hump if defensively they hold up.  4A Maplewood has a ton of talent and have been battle tested, 5A Hillsboro will return one of the best defenses and could go far if they can score some points, and 6A CR is back like the haven't skipped a beat. They battled and held their own with Oakland last week. It should be an exciting year this year for metro.

I hope none make it. I feel bad for them when they get ripped and trucked. Plus, nice to actually see a good game .

1 hour ago, Fballfan1978 said:

Lol so you come to a metro Nashville thread and just hope everyone sucks... no wonder no one likes you.

I feel there are two types of fans who would harbor such resentment to an entire area of schools.

The first type are fans of schools, or areas, that are traditionally good ( e.g. Maryville, Alcoa, Rutherford County, or Williamson County). They see their teams as being better, top to bottom, but they see the schools they put down as potential threats.

The other type are fans of schools that usually don't have the athletes to compete at the highest level on a consistent basis. They feel that they have better coaching and fan support. They just don't have the playmakers to get past the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.

Now, the first type will often brag about their team's success. The second type don't really have any on field success to hang their hat on. So they resort to a general put down of other teams  So I'm thinking this is the second type.

30 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

I feel there are two types of fans who would harbor such resentment to an entire area of schools.

The first type are fans of schools, or areas, that are traditionally good ( e.g. Maryville, Alcoa, Rutherford County, or Williamson County). They see their teams as being better, top to bottom, but they see the schools they put down as potential threats.

The other type are fans of schools that usually don't have the athletes to compete at the highest level on a consistent basis. They feel that they have better coaching and fan support. They just don't have the playmakers to get past the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.

Now, the first type will often brag about their team's success. The second type don't really have any on field success to hang their hat on. So they resort to a general put down of other teams  So I'm thinking this is the second type.

I think you are onto something here midtn, I never looked at it like that!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I think you are onto something here midtn, I never looked at it like that!!!

1 hour ago, midtnmale said:

Wrong on both. Metro football is just not as good as some seem to think. But wishing and hoping is a good thing. Makes the season go a little better.

Edited by fb247