Metro Rankings

bleacher

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

Tony Brunetti has done a great job since taking over the program in 2006 when Maurice Fitzgerald stepped down.  PC has been to the state semifinals 6 times in the last 12 years.  They've been to the quarterfinals 2 or 3 other times I want to say.  He's had some good coaches on his staff during that run.  Tommy Wilson and Dan Davis are now at MJCA doing a good job.  Brandon Woods, William Darnell, Damien Harris, and William Johnson all are excellent assistant football coaches.  I believe Anthony Law was also on his staff at one point.  He is the last coach to do anything worth noting at WCHS.  

There is not a football program in the entire state that has sent more kids to play college football at the next level during that period of time.  Not only is Brunetti winning games on the football field but he's also making his players better young men and giving them hope for a better future.  That's not something that "every coach" puts as much time and energy into doing unfortunately.  

The only place any of the guys can coach is in metro. I would like to see if any could get a job anywhere else. And please do not even say MJCA. that school is a joke also.

Edited by fb247

32 minutes ago, fb247 said:

The only place any of the guys can coach is in metro. I would like to see if any could get a job anywhere else. And please do not even say MJCA. that school is a joke also.

Well if you can do better why you dont coach in metro fb247? What's your overall record? How many kids you sent to college? What's your team record the past few years? Drop stats and facts...

35 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Well if you can do better why you dont coach in metro fb247? What's your overall record? How many kids you sent to college? What's your team record the past few years? Drop stats and facts...

Because settling to coach in metro would be huge step backwards. Recruiting to win is not a part of the job either.

Edited by fb247

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Tony Brunetti has done a great job since taking over the program in 2006 when Maurice Fitzgerald stepped down.  PC has been to the state semifinals 6 times in the last 12 years.  They've been to the quarterfinals 2 or 3 other times I want to say.  He's had some good coaches on his staff during that run.  Tommy Wilson and Dan Davis are now at MJCA doing a good job.  Brandon Woods, William Darnell, Damien Harris, and William Johnson all are excellent assistant football coaches.  I believe Anthony Law was also on his staff at one point.  He is the last coach to do anything worth noting at WCHS.  

There is not a football program in the entire state that has sent more kids to play college football at the next level during that period of time.  Not only is Brunetti winning games on the football field but he's also making his players better young men and giving them hope for a better future.  That's not something that "every coach" puts as much time and energy into doing unfortunately.  

There is no coach mentioned  that could even have a chance at any job in Williamson,Rutherford,or Wilson County. 

6 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

If Stanton Stevens can hold down a job in Rutherford County, then just about any coach in metro can

I agree, I forgot they are not a metro school, they just appear to be and play like one, my mistake. I am still convinced none of the names I see in the post could even get that job. I should also add Sumner County to the list of places no coach that was mentioned could coach

Edited by fb247

5 hours ago, fb247 said:

I agree, I forgot they are not a metro school, they just appear to be and play like one, my mistake. I am still convinced none of the names I see in the post could even get that job. I should also add Sumner County to the list of places no coach that was mentioned could coach

What team do you coach 247?

A good coach is a good coach no matter where he is. Jay Gore, Steve Williams, and Kurt Page are three current metro head coaches that could coach outside of metro. Gore has been in Williamson County and Williams has been in Rutherford. I agree that some current metro coaches could not get a job in other counties for various reasons. I also know that a lot of the surrounding county coaches could not handle the daily routines of metro head coaches that are doing it the right way.

20 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

A good coach is a good coach no matter where he is. Jay Gore, Steve Williams, and Kurt Page are three current metro head coaches that could coach outside of metro. Gore has been in Williamson County and Williams has been in Rutherford. I agree that some current metro coaches could not get a job in other counties for various reasons. I also know that a lot of the surrounding county coaches could not handle the daily routines of metro head coaches that are doing it the right way.

I agree a good coach is a good coach. I only said the guys earlier mentioned could not get a job in the other counties. I do think the three you mentioned are the best in metro schools. Just can't recruit well enough to win. I like your comment various reasons, that was a good one. Quit dancing around the bush and say the truth. They can't get the job because they are not that good of a coach. Man up WIP.

Edited by fb247