Metro Rankings

bleacher

7 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Y'all should clap! Pearl Cohn has consistently represented metro football, year in and year out for almost a decade!!!

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME HISTORY FOR METRO-NASHVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS

Hillsboro:  2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2014 

Pearl-Cohn:  1996, 1997, 2015, 2019

Maplewood:  1975, 2007, 2011

Cane Ridge:  2017

Glencliff:  1999

Whites Creek:  1998

John Overton:  1981

Edited by howdoitknow
Added Information

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 8:45 PM, howdoitknow said:

Stratford was an overtime loss at Covington away from being the 8th MNPS program to reach a state championship game just two years ago.  

Stratford getting this far in the playoffs was a tremendous accomplishment.  Way different set of circumstances back in the early 90's with very few privates.  Heck,  BA was really the only school providing "aid" to prospecting student athletes back in the late 80s/90s that i can recall.  Has Stratford ever been to a Championship Game?   

7 hours ago, 17NCS said:

Stratford getting this far in the playoffs was a tremendous accomplishment.  Way different set of circumstances back in the early 90's with very few privates.  Heck,  BA was really the only school providing "aid" to prospecting student athletes back in the late 80s/90s that i can recall.  Has Stratford ever been to a Championship Game?   

No and Gallatin made sure in 91’ that they did not get there then.  They had an awesome team with 3 backs over 1000 yards.  Ran out of a stack I and they were pounding people.  

11 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

No and Gallatin made sure in 91’ that they did not get there then.  They had an awesome team with 3 backs over 1000 yards.  Ran out of a stack I and they were pounding people.  

Gallatin was loaded back in the late 80s early 90s.  I recall my High School team going to Gallatin for preseason scrimmage in the Fall of 1990.  It was one of the hardest hitting games I have ever played including college ball.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 17NCS said:

Gallatin was loaded back in the late 80s early 90s.  I recall my High School team going to Gallatin for preseason scrimmage in the Fall of 1990.  It was one of the hardest hitting games I have ever played including college ball.  

I seen a Facebook live and it was a bunch of players from back in that era and everybody was saying Gallatin wasn’t nothing to be messed with. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2020 at 7:39 AM, FBfan26 said:

I seen a Facebook live and it was a bunch of players from back in that era and everybody was saying Gallatin wasn’t nothing to be messed with. 

Gallatin was dominant in 80’s and 90’s with no charges of recruiting.  The only thing bad said was that Coach Short had them practicing early.  Straight powererhouse!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Gallatin was dominant in 80’s and 90’s with no charges of recruiting.  The only thing bad said was that Coach Short had them practicing early.  Straight powererhouse!

There was a time when if students were in a class during the school day they could practice football or whatever sport year round. I have known some football teams to practice in full gear everyday during that class period and it was okay. Metro schools never had that but a few county and private schools did this.

• 2 weeks later...