Metro Rankings

bleacher

16 hours ago, Fballfan1978 said:

Good breakdown 

Metro has had some great teams over the years but they would be best served if they'd trim their 13 playing schools down to 7-8 playing schools.  13 is just too many and the drop off is alarming from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the valley.  

Honestly it was 14 last year if you count RePublic.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 17NCS said:

What kind of a team is Cane Ridge expect to put out on the field this season?  IMO they are the premier metro team in terms of size, coaching staff longevity and results over many seasons.  

No more than Pearl Cohn.  I for one would love to see that matchup. 1500 student Cane Ridge  against 600 student Pearl Cohn.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

6 hours ago, Spearchucker37015 said:

There ain't no way my boy would ever play for a Nashville school.  I was downtown last weekend with my wife and we seen some kids wearing Pearl Cohn and Cane Ridge stuff running around throwing rocks at glass windows.  Theres a reason why the Nashville schools always search the people that come to their games.  Its the same way in Memphis also.  You cant go to a game without being afraid that a riot is gonna happen.  Every good family in Nashville needs to send their kids to a private school to keep them away from this kind of stuff.  It happens every year at these schools.  

your comment that says "Every good family in Nashville needs to send their kids to a private school". Explain to everyone what a good family is?

Edited by hardtackle

21 hours ago, 17NCS said:

What kind of a team is Cane Ridge expect to put out on the field this season?  IMO they are the premier metro team in terms of size, coaching staff longevity and results over many seasons.  

Cane Ridge under Eddie Woods has had lots of success.  They are not premier team in MNPS over that time.  

Cane Ridge Results Under Woods:

2019:  8-4 (Round 2)

2018:  11-1 (Round 2)

2017:  13-2 (Runner-Up)

2016:  12-1 (Quarterfinals)

2015:  8-3 (Round 1)

Pearl-Cohn Results Under Brunetti:

2019:  14-1 (Runner-Up)

2018:  9-3 (Round 2)

2017:  11-3 (Semifinals)

2016:  12-2 (Semifinals)

2015:  10-5 (Runner-Up)

2014:  11-3 (Semifinals)

2013:  10-2 (Round 2)

2012:  3-7

2011:  7-6 (Quarterfinals)

2010:  9-4 (Quarterfinals)

2009:  5-6 (Round 1)

2008:  1-9

2007:  11-3 (Semifinals)

2006:  10-4 (Semifinals)

Tony Brunetti is on pace to end up with the most victories of anyone to ever coach in MNPS.  EVER!  I believe Jerry Pigue (193), Ron Aydelott (189), Wes Elrod (169), Jim Wilson (148), Maurice Fitzgerald (142), Scott Blade (135), and Herschel Moore (131) are the leaders in all-time wins by head coaches in MNPS history.  As of right now Brunetti currently stands at 123 overall victories.  Blade and Fitzgerald are still active.  

If my math is correct he currently has 23 years experience in the classroom (1997-PRESENT).  Barring any setbacks he will be the head football coach at Pearl-Cohn for 7 more years.  He's averaged 11 wins per year (77 total) over the last 7 years (2013-2019).  If he can continue to average 11 victories per year over the next 7 years then that would put him at 200 on the number.  

6 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Cane Ridge under Eddie Woods has had lots of success.  They are not premier team in MNPS over that time.  

Cane Ridge Results Under Woods:

2019:  8-4 (Round 2)

2018:  11-1 (Round 2)

2017:  13-2 (Runner-Up)

2016:  12-1 (Quarterfinals)

2015:  8-3 (Round 1)

Pearl-Cohn Results Under Brunetti:

2019:  14-1 (Runner-Up)

2018:  9-3 (Round 2)

2017:  11-3 (Semifinals)

2016:  12-2 (Semifinals)

2015:  10-5 (Runner-Up)

2014:  11-3 (Semifinals)

2013:  10-2 (Round 2)

2012:  3-7

2011:  7-6 (Quarterfinals)

2010:  9-4 (Quarterfinals)

2009:  5-6 (Round 1)

2008:  1-9

2007:  11-3 (Semifinals)

2006:  10-4 (Semifinals)

Tony Brunetti is on pace to end up with the most victories of anyone to ever coach in MNPS.  EVER!  I believe Jerry Pigue (193), Ron Aydelott (189), Wes Elrod (169), Jim Wilson (148), Maurice Fitzgerald (142), Scott Blade (135), and Herschel Moore (131) are the leaders in all-time wins by head coaches in MNPS history.  As of right now Brunetti currently stands at 123 overall victories.  Blade and Fitzgerald are still active.  

If my math is correct he currently has 23 years experience in the classroom (1997-PRESENT).  Barring any setbacks he will be the head football coach at Pearl-Cohn for 7 more years.  He's averaged 11 wins per year (77 total) over the last 7 years (2013-2019).  If he can continue to average 11 victories per year over the next 7 years then that would put him at 200 on the number.  

Those are impressive numbers.  Good research.  

Howdoitknow there are others. Richard Coure had some here around 130 wins, Anderson had over 150, and Coutras had to be up there around 130. Coutras might have had the best winning percentage out of all of them. But then he left to go to Cumberland. And I might take Blade out. Great coach with a lot of success but he wasnt really a metro guy. JMO 

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

He ain't got nothing else better to do.

Why can't i have the opinion that the Cane Ridge staff is better than Brunetti's on a message board?  CR plays a much tougher schedule each year with them being in 6A but you PC guys don't want to acknowledge that.... 

Look at the playoffs... CR plays the Williamson County/Rutherford County schools while PC plays the Fairviews and Giles County's of the world (solid programs but not WillCo/RuthCo level).  

MLK High School has an enrollment of 965 per the TSSAA so that works out nice for 3A PC in terms of a co-op program.  What school does CR co-op with?  

This is not meant to be a bash PC post.  They will win a bunch of games every year and several of their kids will get college offers which is a great thing for Metro... 

Once PC wins the big one in 3A, i might change my thoughts.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Howdoitknow there are others. Richard Coure had some here around 130 wins, Anderson had over 150, and Coutras had to be up there around 130. Coutras might have had the best winning percentage out of all of them. But then he left to go to Cumberland. And I might take Blade out. Great coach with a lot of success but he wasnt really a metro guy. JMO 

5 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Those are impressive numbers.  Good research.  

I used the Tennessee High School Database website to find those numbers.  I tried to get back on this evening to look up the numbers for Terry Anderson, Richard Coure, and Nick Coutras.  When the website pops back up again I'll add those guys to my list.  There's so much great football history in Metro over the years.  

For the guys who I mentioned I listed their overall win totals.  I didn't choose just to make it during their times coaching at MNPS programs only.