Metro Rankings

bleacher

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

For the last several years it’s been Oakland and a bunch of other schools living off of a myth of years past.  You listen to radio shows that make it out like the Murfreesboro area is the SEC of football in TN.  Oakland has been great in recent years.  They’ve been the best team in the state.  Aside from the Patriots though who else has been “great” in recent years?

Smyrna?

LaVergne?

Blackman?

Riverdale?

Stewarts Creek?

Siegel?

Rockvale?

At one time, the region was as tough as any from top to bottom. However, it's more like the ACC now. The chest thumping does look a bit ridiculous when it's one school that doing all the winning 

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

At one time, the region was as tough as any from top to bottom. However, it's more like the ACC now. The chest thumping does look a bit ridiculous when it's one school that doing all the winning 

Well Blackman and Riverdale are always close to putting together that right squad to go far into the playoffs. Having to go through Oakland kind of takes their shine away in recent years…. Smyrna should honestly do better with the talent they have. The rest will be mediocre to average at best year in year out… I think there is plenty of potential for that SEC type region at any point honestly. What’s a better region currently???

Truth of the matter is, I would like to see a few new mixture of games. Can you imagine a PC vs Riverdale or MJ, Cane Ridge vs Blackman  etc.  Hurricane sounds like an old metro coach that is now out of Metro or he has is just out of the loop. EN did have a heck of a strength of schedule, and I do know for a fact they tried to schedule PC but PC only had 2 available dates and CR was already scheduled for PC and I don't care how good the game would be PC isnt taking MBA off the schedule with the check they get from that game. Murfreesboro isn't the SEC of HS like people make it seem. Oakland is dominant , RIverdale is becoming a good team again, Blackman well lets just say they are not what they have been hyped to be, while Siegal, Smyrna , Lavergne are average teams. I think we all are just ready to watch some ball. I do think Hurricane had a few points, not many , but a few. I believe the Keyshawn Vaughn Era should of won a Gold Ball. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well Blackman and Riverdale are always close to putting together that right squad to go far into the playoffs. Having to go through Oakland kind of takes their shine away in recent years…. Smyrna should honestly do better with the talent they have. The rest will be mediocre to average at best year in year out… I think there is plenty of potential for that SEC type region at any point honestly. What’s a better region currently???

7-6A is def better. 8-6A is probably on equal footing. Biggest reason for the decline is coaching, it's not near what it used to be. Stewart's Creek opening probably closed Smyrna's window for ever contending for titles again. Even in the SEC, teams actually beat Bama

19 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

PC your program would be so much better if y'all thought bigger than being the best team in metro. I would focus on Tullahoma than beating metro schools . East had a top tier schedule and played Alcoa in the state why would anyone be scared to play another metro school. This is the reason you guys and metro gets no respect . Why don't you guys play 5a and 6a schools . Y'all could of played Lipscomb last year and y'all didn't . Y'all run from challenges and talk about other schools. That's metro for you . Y'all win run back to 3A just to play East instead of worrying about Tullahoma . You don't mention that . You guys talk way too much to not have a ring since MF left . I saw the graphic on Twitter about all the college kids y'all have playing . That is amazing but also shows your coaching isn't there cause that is a heck of a lot of talent with NO RINGS . Come on out here and find a Murfreesboro School. You won't because you guys are "da city's team" .... nice accomplishment metro warriors !

I laughed at this. 

7 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

GoldenBear!!!

6 hours ago, WildWolf6 said:

I do think Hurricane had a few points, not many , but a few. I believe the Keyshawn Vaughn Era should of won a Gold Ball. 

That’s something we can agree on. Ended up in tech the year after he graduated and at the time ran into what most people believed the best team in the state.

17 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

That’s something we can agree on. Ended up in tech the year after he graduated and at the time ran into what most people believed the best team in the state.

Now that Alcoa team was THE BEST ONE IVE SEEN .ACROSS THE BOARD WAS GROWN MEN ... THE CARROLL KID COULDNT BE BLOCKED 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:20 PM, Hurricane717 said:

PC your program would be so much better if y'all thought bigger than being the best team in metro. I would focus on Tullahoma than beating metro schools . East had a top tier schedule and played Alcoa in the state why would anyone be scared to play another metro school. This is the reason you guys and metro gets no respect . Why don't you guys play 5a and 6a schools . Y'all could of played Lipscomb last year and y'all didn't . Y'all run from challenges and talk about other schools. That's metro for you . Y'all win run back to 3A just to play East instead of worrying about Tullahoma . You don't mention that . You guys talk way too much to not have a ring since MF left . I saw the graphic on Twitter about all the college kids y'all have playing . That is amazing but also shows your coaching isn't there cause that is a heck of a lot of talent with NO RINGS . Come on out here and find a Murfreesboro School. You won't because you guys are "da city's team" .... nice accomplishment metro warriors !

Dern I didn’t even have to say anything. Everyone else summed it up perfectly for me!!!!

On 7/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, WildWolf6 said:

Now that Alcoa team was THE BEST ONE IVE SEEN .ACROSS THE BOARD WAS GROWN MEN ... THE CARROLL KID COULDNT BE BLOCKED 

That was a nice team to but I was actually talking about Knox Catholic when they had Tee Martin son and a plethora of other kids if I’m not mistaken in the NFL.