Week 3: Oneida @ Greenback

crow

I was surprised to see where NCS lost tonight to White House - Heritage 22-21. I'm not familiar with WH Hertage at all so with that being said, would tonight's loss be considered an upset? Or is it a bigger school that was expected to give NCS a tough game? Appreciate the input in advance.

They are a big school, not a surprise this year.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see greenback getting another victory this week against Oneida...I'm thinking they win by 17 because no matter the records between these two programs it's usually a pretty good battle..I seen a few things at gp that needs work this week before Oneida rolls in town...first was our secondary because they give up several big plays to a average qb that just step back and threw it and hoped for the best..the second is our pass game.#8 is a heck of a qb but I belive he's waiting just a touch long and trying to force a few throws when all he needs to do is tuck and run because we all know he has some good wheels on him...Greg and kil will get all that worked out this week in practice and be ready for oneida

I see greenback getting another victory this week against Oneida...I'm thinking they win by 17 because no matter the records between these two programs it's usually a pretty good battle..I seen a few things at gp that needs work this week before Oneida rolls in town...first was our secondary because they give up several big plays to a average qb that just step back and threw it and hoped for the best..the second is our pass game.#8 is a heck of a qb but I belive he's waiting just a touch long and trying to force a few throws when all he needs to do is tuck and run because we all know he has some good wheels on him...Greg and kil will get all that worked out this week in practice and be ready for oneida

first of all the quarterback has a bum shoulder right now and we need him to stay healthy and not run as much as he has had too! Second we need to get back to being a run-first offense and quit trying to throw for 300 yards a game,we have a wide variety of backs and take what the defense gives us.IMO.We don't have to score 40 a game just outscore our opponent!

We should have run the ball last night until they stopped us in the first half. And the throwing is not a problem with qb it's the receivers can't catch a dang ball that hits them in the hands. If they catch the ones he put right threw there hands we score even more points. We make to many excuses in stead of plays. We need our play makers to start making plays. And our starters needs to stay on the field more than just two plays then come out for three or four. And the one thing Greg and Brent need to address is the stinking flags that were threw all night long and get them in shape!!!!

We should have run the ball last night until they stopped us in the first half. And the throwing is not a problem with qb it's the receivers can't catch a dang ball that hits them in the hands. If they catch the ones he put right threw there hands we score even more points. We make to many excuses in stead of plays. We need our play makers to start making plays. And our starters needs to stay on the field more than just two plays then come out for three or four. And the one thing Greg and Brent need to address is the stinking flags that were threw all night long and get them in shape!!!!

There we go!Great post!We are rubbing off on you!No need to candy coat anything.We have the playmakers for sure time to play!!!

Yes I agree we should run the ball more..I mean we got a talented group back there...Roberts is fast and can bust any play wide open and then Breeden is as tough of a runner u will find..and I never said #8 doesn't have a great arm..he can put it anywhere he wants on any play...just saw several plays in the past few weeks where he tried to force a few and was a touch late on the play...and yes the flags have been out of control and we need to work on getting in better shape

I will agree with GBnation they looked out of shape for sure. Muskox makes a good point as well about the secondary,but I don't think they are as vulnerable as they looked #12 was a heck of a receiver for GP he also got away with some push offs. With the exception of the one play where #4 fell down we were in position to defend those passes just got out fought or got beat by a better athlete. The completions on the crossing routes are what concerned me especially since we seem stuck on playing the 4-4 it's a tough read for those middle lbs on play action to get back into coverage. Should be be fine this week Cherokees by 30+.

It was a hard hitting ballgame at GP, GB has some studs could have run all night you hit them at line of scrimmage and they run down hill for 4 or 5. 27-19 in 3rd. fumble over turned and next thing we see is flags flying and Benny leaving the field. GB did what u have to do score and do it fast with crowd ready to linch the ref. GP still felt like they could score when 33 sniffed out that middle screen it was over. :mrgreen:

We're all here to talk about what we saw and everyone makes great points...I got faith that it will be fixed and all the talent we have will shine..there is alot of talent on this team and when it all clicks it will be a special thing to watch...can't wait for oneida to roll on town