Week 3: Oneida @ Greenback

crow

#24 could have really hurt the gp receiver late in the game if he didn't let up a little on the play...smart play because he would have probably got flagged for it and gave gp a first down...also the run by roberts late in the game was very impressive..loved watching silvey line up at fullback and watching him rumble in the end zone..good to see a kid who plays so hard in the trenches get reward with a td

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine if we lined up in the power I with Silvey at fullback, Breeden at wing back, and Roberts at tailback. That would be hard to stop!There would be holes like Brian Hanley had to run through, no would touch him until he was 5yds down the field. Eugene,Snail,Shawn made some big giant holes to run in.

Eugene and I both have said the same thing.Too simple I guess....But sometimes simple is goooood!Look at the teams that have won the gold,run,run,run!!!!Most are simple offenses ran to perfection with great blocking,I love it!

If I've told Hunter once I've told him a million times, just throw your ball with the velocity you got and don't worry about catching it.....that is the receiver's job to make a play. Don't guide or take anything off. If it goes thru hands or beams off the face mask so be it. These receivers have proven they can catch the ball. It's early and consistency and timing will get better and better. We need to get more physical and not let corners dictate our routes. Same in our secondary. Jam the far out of them first 5 yards and don't let them push us around. Our offensive rhythm needs to speed up a tad. We look like we are in slo mo at times waiting on a bus. Horses ready to run but that gate is closed, lol! When the defense is on their heels take advantage and put the pedal to the metal. Hurry up offense before half resulted in fast TD. Offense was in a rhythm and everything looked smoother. Waiting around kills you mentally and physically.

If I've told Hunter once I've told him a million times, just throw your ball with the velocity you got and don't worry about catching it.....that is the receiver's job to make a play. Don't guide or take anything off. If it goes thru hands or beams off the face mask so be it. These receivers have proven they can catch the ball. It's early and consistency and timing will get better and better. We need to get more physical and not let corners dictate our routes. Same in our secondary. Jam the far out of them first 5 yards and don't let them push us around. Our offensive rhythm needs to speed up a tad. We look like we are in slo mo at times waiting on a bus. Horses ready to run but that gate is closed, lol! When the defense is on their heels take advantage and put the pedal to the metal. Hurry up offense before half resulted in fast TD. Offense was in a rhythm and everything looked smoother. Waiting around kills you mentally and physically.

I have no doubts that Hunter is doing well and will be next to unstoppable come Harriman week! I don't know his recruiting situation but even with him playing 1A ball, that kid deserves some serious looks from big schools. He is a tremendous athlete and he has the arm and the eyes to play at the next level without a doubt!

Edited by SportsnetWriter2

I have no doubts that Hunter is doing well and will be next to unstoppable come Harriman week! I don't know his recruiting situation but even with him playing 1A ball, that kid deserves some serious looks from big schools. He is a tremendous athlete and he has the arm and the eyes to play at the next level without a doubt!

thanks SW! I just hope we stay injury free and bring you guys our A game! Setting up to be a great a Region run. Hunter just needs to keep setting the bar higher and working to improve every day. It's the only way to compete!