District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

I have no words

....I would have bet my house that Westmoreland AND Cheatham would NOT walk away with wins tonight !! That's just awesome. That's just basketball. Love it.

So officials were bad at Cheatham?  Surprising :popcorneater: '

Harpeth got thumped by Hillwood. So another growing pain.

Heritage took care of business.  Moved to a 10-1 record. Which is actually the best record any boys team at Heritage has ever taken into the Christmas break.

Take a break people heal up and have a good Christmas.

Saunders is still hurt for Cheatham ...

I actually went to Cheatham to watch this game ...

Side note: was told WH freshmen won 60 something to 20 something ....

But White House seemed as if they weren't ready to play ... they woke up and came alive in the 4th quarter creating an exciting game that was very much no energy boring for 3 quarters ..... the officiating was very suspect one WH player got shoved to ground WAY off ball with no "flagrant" ... the time keeper probably worst or told to mess up clock .... there were at least 4 clock freezes discussion between table and officials last 3/4 minutes of game ... twice while WH shooters were at FT line ....

Oh and #5 Jared Ward is a basketball player ... I predict will make his mark in this district come January ....

Heritage is obviously my new favorite to win district ... seniors playing well and Oskin gives them toughness and energy on the defensive end .... looking forward to some more district 9-AA should have some good games

Saunders is still hurt for Cheatham ...

I actually went to Cheatham to watch this game ...

Side note: was told WH freshmen won 60 something to 20 something ....

But White House seemed as if they weren't ready to play ... they woke up and came alive in the 4th quarter creating an exciting game that was very much no energy boring for 3 quarters ..... the officiating was very suspect one WH player got shoved to ground WAY off ball with no "flagrant" ... the time keeper probably worst or told to mess up clock .... there were at least 4 clock freezes discussion between table and officials last 3/4 minutes of game ... twice while WH shooters were at FT line ....

Oh and #5 Jared Ward is a basketball player ... I predict will make his mark in this district come January ....

Heritage is obviously my new favorite to win district ... seniors playing well and Oskin gives them toughness and energy on the defensive end .... looking forward to some more district 9-AA should have some good games

#5 ward led all scorers and played a great game. #22 Cole was solid as well. He could have got to the rim every time if he wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no doubt, Heritage is for real. Gave Goodpasture their first loss tonight with a total team effort.

This is why you never doubt Petrone, year in and year out he puts a solid team on floor. Every kid that has played four years for him has at minimum made it to the District Championship Game.

Never doubt petrone ???? What has it been 3/4 district championship games in 14 years .. so guess you right one every 4 years would have every player in one ... believe they only won 1 maybe 2 of those championship games in Single A with arguably a better set of players then this team just not as "big"

.... they have only made it passed district 1st round one time since going AA 3 years ago .... I think they will be in championship this year , just depends how seeding falls .... IMO worst thing that could happen to the patriots is if somehow White House still up and down and they meet before championship game .... happy for the patriots though ! Just hope they aren't Doing all their winning to early , and end up watching later

^ Agree

These are the same kids minus (5) cogs from last year.

3- seniors; 1- transfer to White House; 1- 3yr starter hung up his high tops mid last year. They should have been loaded last year but finished 9-15.

The Goodpasture win was no fluke. Heritage started slow, but outscored them 41-27 in the 2nd half. 

Edited by jn2rons

Hope everyone had great Christmas tournaments !!!

Looking forward to district play getting started again !

I saw the White House - Harpeth game at beech ..... White House had 4 freshmen and senior on court for much of the 2nd quarter ....

White House was down 7 going into the 4th winning it 22-6 .... the White House team is crazy inconsistent even from quarter to quarter .... a dangerous team , but also a team everyone probably feels they can beat .....

This is my new regular season district predictions anyone else have any ???

1) White House -Heritage

2) White House

3) Westmorland

4) Harpeth

5) Cheatham

6) Sycamore

7) Greenbrier

Truth be told 4-7 could all be mumbled jumbled ... I just feel the two White House teams are the clas of this district ... one is very consistent the other is jeckle and Hyde !

Good luck to everyone !

Hope everyone had great Christmas tournaments !!!

Looking forward to district play getting started again !

I saw the White House - Harpeth game at beech ..... White House had 4 freshmen and senior on court for much of the 2nd quarter ....

White House was down 7 going into the 4th winning it 22-6 .... the White House team is crazy inconsistent even from quarter to quarter .... a dangerous team , but also a team everyone probably feels they can beat .....

This is my new regular season district predictions anyone else have any ???

1) White House -Heritage

2) White House

3) Westmorland

4) Harpeth

5) Cheatham

6) Sycamore

7) Greenbrier

Truth be told 4-7 could all be mumbled jumbled ... I just feel the two White House teams are the clas of this district ... one is very consistent the other is jeckle and Hyde !

Good luck to everyone !

Truth be told 2 -7 could finish anywhere. Only consistent team is Heritage. None of those teams have separated themselves at all.

Truth be told 2 -7 could finish anywhere. Only consistent team is Heritage. None of those teams have separated themselves at all.

I agree bamapappy.  Heritage is clearly the class of the District and will ring up the regular season District championship.  I don't see them not winning the tournament but it would be a huge upset if they do lose.  White House was rising a little but have lost one of their main starters for rules violation.  Perhaps the transfer from Heritage will be able to fill that slot, he is about 6'3" after all.  District-wide, I have never seen such a poor set of teams.  Cheatham-down, harpeth-down, white house-down, westmoreland-down,etc.  The Patriots needed that game against Goodpasture. White House will be back up soon but not this year.  Same with Cheatham.  Happy New Year!