2017 Enrollment Numbers and Classifications

MountainTroll

Liberty is playing 3A this year with nearly 1100 and is almost 5A. It's not their fault another school closed but having two year classes could help things in some cases.

Something for you to ponder Indian

Libertys lone feeder school has 64 8th graders, while North sides has over 260...plus they get the athletes from "early college high" with no penalty...

So in my guesstimation liberty will be playing up next year with a 3a pop. While North side will continue to reap the rewards of Madison County school boards underhanded favoritism...

South side has 2 feeders but I don't have their 8th grade pop.

Triple A

East - Knoxville Catholic Baylor McCallie

Middle - JP II, MBA, Father Ryan, Brentwood Academy, Ensworth

West - Christian Brother, Briarcrest, MUS, St. Benedict

Have Ensworth and BA decided to play up? I haven't seen any public announcements - only indications that they are leaning towards staying in AA.

No they havent, but I was just going off what schools normally do.

Guest hevyrevy1611

So when will the new shakeup & realignment & regions/districts be official? Does it start in next year/2017-18 season? How long will this musical chair shuffling last? I do like the way playoffs are set up though. There is certainty & something to shoot for. Top four make it. Simple. Will be yet again some interesting matchups & unhappy teams. But it is what it is under current official beauractic system (& powers) TSSAA has. Just prepare & play like champs whatever happens. Whiners are not winners. Get over it & get on with being your best!

Guess they'll just have to increase those "Parish Tuition Subsidies"

annualreport2013.jpg

That 25% subsidies that they can no longer give being in D1 could cover the travel cost. 90% of students that attended Catholic are Catholic and right now can get a tuition break so it's either cutting school enrollment and trying to be a small D2 school along with Grace, Cak, Webb,etc. Or raising tuition to cover cost if it's truly money

Indian, looks like 9 6A teams in Memphis! What do you think they will do! 5 and 4 or just one 9 team region?

I could see that happening where they make one large region to cut down travel costs. However then you will hear complaints that it's harder for teams in that region to make the playoffs compared to region such and such. However with smaller regions will mean finding up to 6 or 7 non region games

Edited by Rhea Co.