14A

HoopsTN1

Every district is like that with "standout players". I seen it with Stewart, Jarrett at Haywood, Rose at SS, Jackson at FW. One the girls side Pipkin at Chester is the worse. She fouls a lot, but dad is the assigner and mom is the coach so go figure. Shutes at Haywood, King at South Gibson. They all get the Kobe and Lebron whistles and no whistles lol

It would be nice if Humboldt could come to Jackson and practice at Oman Arena or Union to get a feel of the large floor and atmosphere. Thats the only thing I think will hurt them a little

After playing at Popular Bluff i dont think that will hurt Humboldt any at all. They just have to stay focused on one at a time! Coach Abernathy has been there he will have Humboldt ready!

Edited by JungleJim125

It would be nice if Humboldt could come to Jackson and practice at Oman Arena or Union to get a feel of the large floor and atmosphere. Thats the only thing I think will hurt them a little

I know coach Abernathy will have them ready & they are in shape so a large floor shouldn't be a problem but if they make it to the Boro, I'm sure they will practice there! Got a lot of games to play before then but team defense is Humboldt strong area!

I went to Memphis to watch some of the District 16A tournament games.  W.E.B. Dubois and Grad Academy were both upset in the tourney quarterfinals on Wednesday night.  I actually watched the W.E.B. Dubois and MAHS game.  MAHS led the entire game and played with more poise.  In all honesty, I don't believe that either W.E.B. Dubois or MAHS could beat Humboldt or Union City.  I haven't seen Mitchell play this year, but they did beat Grad Academy by double digit points last week.  Middleton is looking like a favorite to get to their regional championship game and qualify for a SubState game.

I went to Memphis to watch some of the District 16A tournament games. W.E.B. Dubois and Grad Academy were both upset in the tourney quarterfinals on Wednesday night. I actually watched the W.E.B. Dubois and MAHS game. MAHS led the entire game and played with more poise. In all honesty, I don't believe that either W.E.B. Dubois or MAHS could beat Humboldt or Union City. I haven't seen Mitchell play this year, but they did beat Grad Academy by double digit points last week. Middleton is looking like a favorite to get to their regional championship game and qualify for a SubState game.

This time of year you can't take no team for granted because regular season records go out the window tournament time! Humboldt must stay focus & continue to play team basketball, got to come out strong at the tip! Got to take one tournament at a time & now it's the district can't worry about nothing else!!!

Was the Humboldt-Peabody game a real 9 point game or garbage time at the end ?

The biggest lead Humboldt had was 14 points, Trenton played a good game tonight, Trenton has improved every game they've played Humboldt losing by 21, 16 & 9 tonight! Humboldt plays the winner of UC/Halls Saturday at 7pm at UTM, tournament time & not going to blow teams out because everybody has improved!!