William Blount Bye Week

Governm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little surprised Shad didn't blow WB's streak over Bye Week

I know your frustration AR....I have been frustrated at times, also.  I guess my frustration comes from knowing that this is my kids final year and as a dad you would like to see some of the loyalty and hard work translate into some wins.  But the kid has never complained, he would walk through hot coals for Shad, and I may be wrong but I believe Shad would walk through hot coals for any of those kids.  Shad is a good coach and a good man, and while we all would like to see some more wins, I think anyone involved in the program would have to say that the program is moving in the right direction.  Shad needs more help on the staff, he made a couple of hires but lost one coach to administration that could have really helped on the offense.  The coaches he has will continue to get better and if administration allow him to make another hire or two (and I believe they will), he will get it turned around.

I am not admonishing you in any way for your post....as I said, I get frustrated at times also, but I believe they have the right man in place to turn things around.

I know your frustration AR....I have been frustrated at times, also.  I guess my frustration comes from knowing that this is my kids final year and as a dad you would like to see some of the loyalty and hard work translate into some wins.  But the kid has never complained, he would walk through hot coals for Shad, and I may be wrong but I believe Shad would walk through hot coals for any of those kids.  Shad is a good coach and a good man, and while we all would like to see some more wins, I think anyone involved in the program would have to say that the program is moving in the right direction.  Shad needs more help on the staff, he made a couple of hires but lost one coach to administration that could have really helped on the offense.  The coaches he has will continue to get better and if administration allow him to make another hire or two (and I believe they will), he will get it turned around.

I am not admonishing you in any way for your post....as I said, I get frustrated at times also, but I believe they have the right man in place to turn things around.

Jake Rome wasn't built in a day and of course you know that. People get in a hurry to see things happen and when they don't they complain. I think over time he will get the people in there to help him with the program. Unlike Maryville and Alcoa the county can't just snap their fingers and change out a whole staff in a year. I talk to a lot of Zebra's that are on the same field and most have told me they can see big differences in a positive direction for WB.

I know your frustration AR....I have been frustrated at times, also. I guess my frustration comes from knowing that this is my kids final year and as a dad you would like to see some of the loyalty and hard work translate into some wins. But the kid has never complained, he would walk through hot coals for Shad, and I may be wrong but I believe Shad would walk through hot coals for any of those kids. Shad is a good coach and a good man, and while we all would like to see some more wins, I think anyone involved in the program would have to say that the program is moving in the right direction. Shad needs more help on the staff, he made a couple of hires but lost one coach to administration that could have really helped on the offense. The coaches he has will continue to get better and if administration allow him to make another hire or two (and I believe they will), he will get it turned around.

I am not admonishing you in any way for your post....as I said, I get frustrated at times also, but I believe they have the right man in place to turn things around.

Jake, that is a great post. I usually am pretty level-headed (or at least I like to think I am) about things, but the Heritage game rubbed me the wrong way and I still need to get over that. To be honest with you it was a lot more important than it should be because of the streak and what it meant personality to me and to the school. To go out and beat DB and then follow it up like that was disappointing. But I do agree with everything that you said.

As a dad, you have a lot of stake in the team, and everything I have heard about the man is in the same vein as what you say. I want the program to succeed (maybe a little too much), but I can definitely admit that things are going in the right direction. More than anything, I want long-term stability and success. But there's a reason I'm posting on here and not on the sidelines :D