South Pittsburg vs Chatt Grace ( Grider against that Ateca man )

Southtowner

When did the Jackson County School Board get involved? The judge (Jennifer Holt) was the one who wanted him to attend a alternative school not the school board. He was in no trouble at school.

I was just going by what was in the paper. Not sure Chilly is really going to care who imposed the disciplinary action. :popcorneater:

d. If a student has satisfied all other requirements for eligibility but was under discipline at his/her former

school, the student shall be ineligible at the new school for twelve months or until the disciplinary

charges have been removed, whichever is less.

The point is that he was under disciplinary action that prohibited him from playing football at his former school, so he moves 10 miles to play football in another state. It just don't look good. :mellow:

I was just going by what was in the paper. Not sure Chilly is really going to care who imposed the disciplinary action. :popcorneater:

d. If a student has satisfied all other requirements for eligibility but was under discipline at his/her former

school, the student shall be ineligible at the new school for twelve months or until the disciplinary

charges have been removed, whichever is less.

The point is that he was under disciplinary action that prohibited him from playing football at his former school, so he moves 10 miles to play football in another state. It just don't look good. :mellow:
Opinions vary, guess we will have to wait to see the outcome but it is my understanding that he left Scottsboro under good terms and wasnt in any trouble as far as school was involved! Edited by CaptainJackRackam

Great to be a Pirate. Its Game day. I don't know if this kid is guilty or not. My opinion is if he's guilty he should not play football, baseball, bad Minton or anything but since we live in America and you are innocent until proven guilty and he took steps to get back in school it's not up to me. The other kids like him so a fired up frustrated pirate team does not spell a good time for opponents tonight. Go big Orange

How about this one? Does being ordered into an alternative school qualify as disciplinary action? -_-

d. If a student has satisfied all other requirements for eligibility but was under discipline at his/her former school, the student shall be ineligible at the new school for twelve months or until the disciplinary charges have been removed, whichever is less.

You are 100% correct.  Chester County had to forfeit games this year for not complying with this rule.  Since the kid was sent to alternative school for disciplinary reasons, by rule he would have to sit a year or satisfy the "term" given to him.  I don't see how he could be eligible.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2016/09/19/tssaa-explains-chester-co-forfeits/90719622/

Edited by thegreatwhite1

Even though I have no dog in hunt anymore, this is the most interesting and somewhat hilarious thread I do believe I have ever read.  Just by reading this banter makes this ole man realize just how the vast majority of you 'valley fellows' and 'mountain guys' need to get a life and quit living your dreams through some high school football program(s)..  Pulling for your team is totally different from what this thread has turned in to.    

Reading the article in the paper today did state that the individual in question had a pattern, stating that he was in juvenile court in January.   Interesting.  However, 2nd chances are good, especially for young kids, and having an opportunity to be part of an athletic program with a 'father figure' around could help a kid stay on the straight and narrow..however, this was 2nd time?  Athletics is a privilege, not a right.  How does the punishment fit the crime in this situation, when no crime has been proved?  Lots to think about.  But, here's the question?  How many other schools in the Chattanooga area would have accepted the situation and allowed a 3rd chance?  Also, is there just jealousy with the other schools that the kid did not show, at say Signal, Sequatchie, Whitwell, MC?  Would those programs have taken the kid on knowing the situation?   Oh well, time will push this over the hump, but in the meantime, keep up the posts... they are entertaining.

@rlh, Don't have to read it again...I comprehend just fine.

What part of "That is not our jurisdiction," Childress said. "Those are issues that are left up to school administrators and county school directors to decide. So long as the student-athlete has enrolled properly at the school, we don't get into off-the-field issues."

Do you not get?

Obviously you didn't get the part where Childress o.k.'d it so yes, you do need to read a couple of more times to work on your reading comprehension.

Here, I will help you out with it.  Read the part in bold real slow and say it out loud as you go.

"That is not our jurisdiction," Childress said. "Those are issues that are left up to school administrators and county school directors to decide. So long as the student-athlete has enrolled properly at the school, we don't get into off-the-field issues.

"For us, this particular student-athlete is eligible to play by our guidelines, so the rest is up to the administration at the school. We have no authority to step in for any off-the-field matters."

Edited by rlh

Because they know he still does..his change of address was to his dad's business. I like the kid and I do not blame him for getting out of Grundy bc he saw the writing on the wall with Tate, but SP needs to be held accountable.

Its crickets because its you and the jackets fellow grinding an axe because Grundy has only been able to win over SP 4 times in 70 years.

You are 100% correct.  Chester County had to forfeit games this year for not complying with this rule.  Since the kid was sent to alternative school for disciplinary reasons, by rule he would have to sit a year or satisfy the "term" given to him.  I don't see how he could be eligible.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2016/09/19/tssaa-explains-chester-co-forfeits/90719622/

Did Chester County have clearance from that Childress man?

on a more positive note, OUR South Pittsburg Pirates have an important game tonight. Take care of business boys, don't let all this mess distract you. Keep focused, play hard, great things to come over the next few weeks. With or without McQueen, the PIRATES will continue to WIN. 

Exactly.  They are going to win the region out right and cap off a 9 -1 regular season.

They're going 1-9 (or however many games the player in question was a part of) and getting ready for basketball season.  Chester Co. initially had their player approved by the TSSAA. It wasn't until later that it was brought to the attention off the TSSAA by, I'm assuming South Gibson, that their transfer was in violation of the TSSAA bylaw.

Look, I don't think a school should be penalized for playing a player that to their knowledge is eligible.  IMO SP doesn't "deserve" to forfeit the games, but they are going to.