South Pittsburg vs Chatt Grace ( Grider against that Ateca man )

Southtowner

@rlh, Don't have to read it again...I comprehend just fine.

What part of "That is not our jurisdiction," Childress said. "Those are issues that are left up to school administrators and county school directors to decide. So long as the student-athlete has enrolled properly at the school, we don't get into off-the-field issues."

Do you not get?

on a more positive note, OUR South Pittsburg Pirates have an important game tonight. Take care of business boys, don't let all this mess distract you. Keep focused, play hard, great things to come over the next few weeks. With or without McQueen, the PIRATES will continue to WIN.

You're absolutely right, more than ever our boys are out to prove something. The winning tradition continues tonight in Chattanooga. Edited by CaptainJackRackam

I just find it confusing as to why people don't have more to do than bash a kid or a program, that has never been in trouble. SP has leaders that will do the right thing. Always have and a;ways will.... However I think the county needs to quit being involved in a peeing contest and come together and consolidate. Most people that keep the political feud between jasper and SP gonna die off soon, so hopefully it'll happen in my lifetime.

Edited by allblack

I didn't imply anything. I agreed it's looked at different because he plays football. That's any level to the NFL. I said Jesse Jackson's possible presence adds to the over the top focus on it.

I don't know what you're talking about on taking up for the coach.

Dunflop, what are you, 10 years old?

If there's a moderator issue contact the site owner. I delete posts every now and then that cross the line in language or innuendo, period.

Yes, first game for Sequatchie too. With a pair of defensive backs that didn't play last year and were clearly rusty, and another who was limited until late in preseason practice because of illness. Another was a first year starter. All are doing well in the secondary now and the pass defense would be better. Add to that a quarterback making his first start. Yes the game would have been different.

You're the one bringing up "if only McQueen had been playing." Well yeah if Sequatchie or Howard or whoever got in one of the best in North Georgia unexpectedly of course it would help their team.

And SP still got that L.

SP would hurt Dumlap feller's feelings if they play again, without Lightening. As for you supposedly grown men sentencing the kid and assuming he is guilty are too judge mental. Ask yourselves, why aren't the others in jail? This is nothing more than some political connected attempting to keep the kid from playing because he isn't @ Scottsboro. Point here, Not a single person Old Pirate has talked to had anything but good things to say about him. OP hopes Brother Jesse Jackson and posse bring those accountable for this injustice to light.

I just find it confusing as to why people don't have more to do than bash a kid or a program, that has never been in trouble. SP has leaders that will do the right thing. Always have and a;ways will.... However I think the county needs to quit being involved in a peeing contest and come together and consolidate. Most people that keep the political feud between jasper and SP gonna die off soon, so hopefully it'll happen in my lifetime.

😂 Harsh but true! I agree the football rivalry is a huge obstacle for the county to overcome. Consolidation will happen but it might take another 10-15 years to come up with the money needed.

McQueen was found with all the items from the burglary, the guns used in the burglary, masks, burglary tools, and was ID by the victim who was kidnapped. Tell me again how in the world he is anything but guilty ???

What a stupid poster. You are truly a waste of healthy air consumption. Go visit the closet sewer drain and take real deep breathes until you pass out. Then hopefully some wild animal will sniff on you and decide you jest full of mess.

I would have thought that also, but this is what that Childress man said about it:

I doubt they went through every one of the transfer eligibility rules. I suspect the convo went something like,

Vic: Bernie, we have this kid that transferred to South Pitt, but has pending charges against him in Alabama. Would the pending charges affect his eligibility?

Bernie: Did he have a bonafide change of address to South Pittsburg.

Vic: Yea. He moved into that house down by the park. A buddy of mine even mows the grass for them. Want a picture?

Bernie: Nah. That's okay. The T$$AA ain't gonna get involve in anything having to do with lawyers and courtrooms.

The bonafide change of address thing might be an issue if anybody decides to dig into it, but I think the biggest vulnerability lies with the disciplinary action of the Jackson County School Board. :popcorneater:

I doubt they went through every one of the transfer eligibility rules. I suspect the convo went something like,

Vic: Bernie, we have this kid that transferred to South Pitt, but has pending charges against him in Alabama. Would the pending charges affect his eligibility?

Bernie: Did he have a bonafide change of address to South Pittsburg.

Vic: Yea. He moved into that house down by the park. A buddy of mine even mows the grass for them. Want a picture?

Bernie: Nah. That's okay. The T$$AA ain't gonna get involve in anything having to do with lawyers and courtrooms.

The bonafide change of address thing might be an issue if anybody decides to dig into it, but I think the biggest vulnerability lies with the disciplinary action of the Jackson County School Board. :popcorneater:

When did the Jackson County School Board get involved? The judge (Jennifer Holt) was the one who wanted him to attend a alternative school not the school board. He was in no trouble at school.

Y'all gonna hang a 100 on 'em tonight, Captain?

No reason to take your frustrations out on them poor Christian boys tonight. They got nothing to do with this.

Neither do you but you seem to keep putting your OPINION out there. Which you have every right to do but at least have your facts right! Edited by CaptainJackRackam