East TN Coaching Changes

SGHSAlum93

Dereck Rang will be next coach at Knoxville West... And will competing for a state championships in next couple of years

Buddy I love coach rang, I played under him, but I believe it is smart for the administration to push for Lane. Since cummings left all of the assistants that were left are a loyal bunch. I don't see killian going outside of the staff at all.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you people think West is a bad job you're a fool. Yeah the early culture at west was not good, but the culture now is state championships or bust. New facilities, great talent pools, and a faithful community. Cummings did an excellent job and brought in some of the best assistant coaches around, I am very excited to see who they hire. The circumstances were not great for Harig, being the man i see that he is, he has a successful future. It is time for West to pick up where is left off and that was back to back state title appearances with one state title.

I knew when they hired Harig that this would happen. To me the hire never made sense and ultimately it didn't work out. Harig is a good coach but there is a lot of pressure to win right away nowadays anywhere you go and it didn't help the situation that West just won State a few short seasons ago. I attended a few West games during Central off weeks and it seemed to me the West faithful didn't have much faith in Harig like they did Lane and the defense. They didn't like his offense or his play calling. Hey, maybe some hurting Redskins would like him back...?

You are spot on bud, Lane and his defense have been consistent the past 4 seasons. We have every bit of faith in that man.

Ok so who west going to get??? Lot of coaches going be turned off after seeing how this coach was basically pushed out.

If I were a coach I would be licking my chops and praying to the good Lord above for the job. He was not pushed, numbers do not lie, 2 years was plenty of time for him to make something happen, especially with the talent that they had.

If Coach Rang not hired then a mistake. He has a compionship under his belt. He had 3 championships at Maryville as a player. He's single and football junkie. If would be my first choice especially having coach at the program

The real question is, if he is truly interested, is Knox County willing to give him "another" opportunity?