East TN Coaching Changes

SGHSAlum93

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Oak Ridge or Kingsport don't make changes to get Derek Rang as a head coach right now while the getting is good then they both deserve to wallow around in their own misery forever for not doing so.

Oak Ridge over achieved to me. Looking at their fronts this year they were lucky to have done as well as they did.  IMO. Plus Gaddis goes Graham goes Graham goes his son goes and that is one of the most exciting players in East Tennessee. Dobyns Bennett is not the same Dobyns Bennett of old.  Both of these towns are industry towns that's dependent upon steady employment growth and transition. If you look at the records of Oak Ridge coaches in last 15 years the current coach record is very reputable to last three previous coaches.  But if they do fire Gaddis, we would love to have the Grahams at HVA. Good friends with our head coach and assistants. 

This was an argument brought  up in facebook and this is what TSSAA showed. Oak Ridge fans were upset about losing in first round. One fan said that the program is going down.  Another person brought these stats up and showed it can't be going down when it is at least at the same level it has been. But remember this is the same team that beat Farragut and Campbell County. I do agree that the coach is stubborn because if they threw the ball to the other WR they'll still be playing even after the Finals.  It became easy recipe to beat them.  Double/Triple team Higgins.  Notice Graham's motion and cut off the perimeter and cut back lanes. If get hand on Graham hold on. Make the other guys beat you.  Their defense was not very good. And don't Punt to Tee or Kickoff Deep to Graham and the other returners. 

Gaddis            36 -10  (78%)   (4 seasons)

Blade              36 - 15  (70%)   (4 seasons)

Stevens          30  - 16   (65%)  (4 seasons) played in State Championship

Lussier           62 - 14   (81%)    (6 seasons)

Edited by GIJoe

This was an argument brought  up in facebook and this is what TSSAA showed. Oak Ridge fans were upset about losing in first round. One fan said that the program is going down.  Another person brought these stats up and showed it can't be going down when it is at least at the same level it has been. But remember this is the same team that beat Farragut and Campbell County. I do agree that the coach is stubborn because if they threw the ball to the other WR they'll still be playing even after the Finals.  It became easy recipe to beat them.  Double/Triple team Higgins.  Notice Graham's motion and cut off the perimeter and cut back lanes. If get hand on Graham hold on. Make the other guys beat you.  Their defense was not very good. And don't Punt to Tee or Kickoff Deep to Graham and the other returners. 

Gaddis            36 -10  (78%)   (4 seasons)

Blade              36 - 15  (70%)   (4 seasons)

Stevens          30  - 16   (65%)  (4 seasons) played in State Championship

Lussier           62 - 14   (81%)    (6 seasons)

You need a coach that can keep the good players from going to near by private schools would be my suggestion. You had one kid that was going to GCA and I don't know what happened but wouldn't be surprised not to see him at OR next year.

You need a coach that can keep the good players from going to near by private schools would be my suggestion. You had one kid that was going to GCA and I don't know what happened but wouldn't be surprised not to see him at OR next year.

You lost me on that one. I'm thinking hard and checking with friends to see who we have lost to ANY private school since Gaddis came back and we can't come up with anyone. The only good player I can recall leaving OR to go to a private school is the big defensive end who left and went straight to Grace from Jefferson before Gaddis got here.

Well we did lose a couple to Clinton, they played well for them but I don't know if they would have contributed much to us.

Maybe this is just me, and it's ok if it is, but if any player leaves OR because he would rather play for Clinton, then I don't want him anyway. I can think of one guy who left who was a "star" for them who would've been just average here but the trade off was he was 5-16 there when he would've been 18-5 here...ENOUGH SAID!