Unaka at Greenback

orngnblk

I for one don't blame the Unaka kids in the least. Nothing good can come of it. The school will be punished and rightly so.  Its the people in charge thats allowed them to sink to this level. Unaka has the kids to build a respectable team. Its not like this game could benefit Greenback. An inner squad scrimmage would be much better.

I for one don't blame the Unaka kids in the least. Nothing good can come of it. The school will be punished and rightly so. Its the people in charge thats allowed them to sink to this level. Unaka has the kids to build a respectable team. Its not like this game could benefit Greenback. An inner squad scrimmage would be much better.

good post, it's sad to see a program in that kind of shape. I hope that they can get it straightened out soon for the kids that does want to play.

I for one don't blame the Unaka kids in the least. Nothing good can come of it. The school will be punished and rightly so. Its the people in charge thats allowed them to sink to this level. Unaka has the kids to build a respectable team. Its not like this game could benefit Greenback. An inner squad scrimmage would be much better.

but would it be fair to the other kids? We have a girls bball team that looks like they could be pretty good the next couple years. Is it fair if they lose a chance to play post season because of football? They can't control anything football does. I'm certainly not defending the administration, but the kids also need to finish what they started. If there's 11 willing to go play they need to take them.

but would it be fair to the other kids? We have a girls bball team that looks like they could be pretty good the next couple years. Is it fair if they lose a chance to play post season because of football? They can't control anything football does. I'm certainly not defending the administration, but the kids also need to finish what they started. If there's 11 willing to go play they need to take them.

Agree . TSSAA should not hold the other sports accountable.

Does the penalty affect the girls teams? I've got a cousin who is a pretty good pitcher on the softball team at Unaka. I hate that their football team has sunk to this level, but as a person who played in the days where only the District Champion made the playoffs, I have no pity for them either. I would have given anything to play in a playoff game.

Does the penalty affect the girls teams? I've got a cousin who is a pretty good pitcher on the softball team at Unaka. I hate that their football team has sunk to this level, but as a person who played in the days where only the District Champion made the playoffs, I have no pity for them either. I would have given anything to play in a playoff game.

my understanding is it's a 1 year suspension for all sports starting immediately so yes the girls would be effected.