Unaka at Greenback

orngnblk

Yes midway is 5th in the region they're scheduled to play the champions of. I don't have the answer but it is very unfortunate for everyone involved. Looks like GB gets an extra week of prep for round 2. . . Oh goodie :roll:

They should've announced Saturday first of all, then let Concord Christian take their spot at least. This is a sad day, can't imagine an entire team giving up when you get a chance to represent your school, family, and community in the playoffs.

I have to say, I find it pretty funny that a lot of people are getting all riled up over this. I can't say I blame them. Unaka has been the upper east tn team that guarantees you a win if you are a program that has been down. Teams that should have really really held off their players and play calling have repeatedly run up the score and destroyed their team. I understand there is an argument "let the players play" but there also comes a point where you need to help along some of these teams and not absolutely kill them.

What teams should have done who knew, and believe me they knew, they would destroy unaka should have been to hit 35 and put in their 3rd or 4th string. There was no reason to throw up 71 or 77. Look at Catholic. They could have scored 200 against Union, but they put in their 3rd string, let the game be played, and you have younger players and a struggling program getting better.

Unaka won a chance to go out, get a bus to travel, get destroyed, and go back defeated while everyone else pats themselves on the back. It's ridiculous to have a 1-9 team forced to go into the playoffs. Everyone knows what is going to happen. There is zero win for Unaka. There is no pride, no good memories, and no character building walking into a post season situation where they have zero hope. This is a case in point where struggling programs should be in their own league where they can build. Feeding them to the wolves week after week after week is not helping any of those kids.

Don't think it was an easy decision. I'm sure that after years and years and years and years of this happening, this is the result. But oh we have a chance..... no, there was no chance and everyone knew it.

Unaka would often run the score up on King's Academy but when King's started beating them they couldn't find room on the schedule for them anymore

Let's try to only use facts on this thread. Unaka never lost to TKA when they were playing, and the most lopsided score was 49-13. Hardly running up the score. In fact, their first string RB only had 4 touches that game.

That is incredible, they can't find a team that wants a shot to take down Greenback? Where is the competitive spirit in kids and teams?

That could be false I'm not positive. Just what I heard a couple days ago that it had been offered to take Unakas spot and they turned it down. Might explain why Unaka didn't officially say anything until today.