Unaka at Greenback

orngnblk

P.S. to say that the players had no idea what would happen is asinine. Talk of a forfeit has been going on for well over a week, along with the possible consequences of said forfeit.

There are 341 kids reported on the new enrollment and they can barely field a team. Maybe the football players could care less about the other kids seeing as how it looks like those kids don't care about the football players. I would also bet that not very many of those 341 even show up to support them on Friday's but that's pure speculation

If Greenback gets put in Region 1 next year, which I think they will, I hope the next head coach has the integrity to schedule the 20017 & 2018 games AT Greenback. One thing that hasn't really been touched on is that not only is the selfish decision of a few football players screwing over the basketball team, but they are also screwing Greenback High School out of thousands of dollars of revenue. Revenue they EARNED by busting their tails and winning their Region.

And themselves, if I remember correctly the gate split for playoff games is 50% to T$$AA and 25% to each school. Home obviously would get concessions.

No way they knew. Their kids. I'd say the adults didn't know either bc there's no precedent set for this to refer back to. At the end of the day it's really simple. The state is at fault. T$$aa. Period. Basketball players nor any other sport should be punished. It is what it is. Those kids shouldn't be put in playoffs being 1-9. It's that simple and there's no 'other' rationale. T$$aa should stop with new classifications immediately and redesign for the next class cycle or again 1-9, 2-8 teams will be subject to punishment of playoffs. Consider Coffee County (1-9) is about to travel to Maryville (10-0) this Friday. Now Maryville does a great job of putting in subs early and backing off but those kids are physically about to get beat up. It's not OK. Hate situation for Unaka but it's NOT their fault.

If you don't want to get beat up physically then don't play football. The unaka boys and coffee county boys knew what was ahead of them. If you don't have the balls for lack of a better word then weave baskets. No excuse I don't care what your record is. If You commit to play then you finish what you started no matter who you have to play.

If you don't want to get beat up physically then don't play football. The unaka boys and coffee county boys knew what was ahead of them. If you don't have the balls for lack of a better word then weave baskets. No excuse I don't care what your record is. If You commit to play then you finish what you started no matter who you have to play.

Heck yeah!