Walker Valley @ The Ridge

SweetScience

Just a thought , after getting beat so many times by Riverdale it would be hard to bring Gary Rankin to Oak Ridge. At the time he was hated (like Lane Kiffon) and folks wanted Joe Gaddis to come back and restart the program. Maybe Joe needs to think about his offense and some of the plays that were called. But you have to make use of the players you have. Like Minnie Pearl I'm done talking now!

ALWAYS HAVE WILDCAT PRIDE

Don't get me wrong, I sure don't think Gaddis should be fired and I don't think he should resign. He will remain a coaching legend for many years to come. We all have a right to disagree, but I will remain a loyal Wildcat fan for life!

Dude! I think it's time for some highlights from this century! lol

Edited by SweetScience

New highlights would be great! but let's be honest, a good portion of 2000-2016 have not been all roses. I personally could be very happy just forgetting the SS era. JMO.

For sure GVX. I'm just tired of us Wildcat fans living in the past (I include myself in that as well because I'm very nostalgiac about the days when I grew up in the 80's and 90's in OR watching us), but it's time to make some new history! Well, beyond time, actually lol....You're right, though. We did have some great years with Lussier at the helm. 2005 was still a great year, even though we lost in the title game that we should've won IMO. The Blade years we kinda overachieved I thought with the overall talent we had. 

For sure GVX. I'm just tired of us Wildcat fans living in the past (I include myself in that as well because I'm very nostalgiac about the days when I grew up in the 80's and 90's in OR watching us), but it's time to make some new history! Well, beyond time, actually lol....You're right, though. We did have some great years with Lussier at the helm. 2005 was still a great year, even though we lost in the title game that we should've won IMO. The Blade years we kinda overachieved I thought with the overall talent we had. 

Yes, I was at every game in 2005 including the finals. It was sickening to see, with what he inherited, that opportunity squandered to team that was not superior to OR when Ravenwood only ran 2-3 offensive plays and we made no adjustment. We flat got out coached that day. But I agree Sweet, we need some new memories to be created and not just from the glory days. I also agree that the talent was down during the Blade era, and if memory serves, you could see it coming with some questionable middle school talent a few years earlier. There were some very good players, just not enough really good players to be at the level we wanted to be.