Cheatham County @ Stratford

thenextone

Before I make a prediction, I have to know.

How did Cheatham only beat East Hickman by a score of 14-13??

Swarm, here are some interesting facts gathered on CoachT today, it's intriguing to say the least:

Cheatham played terrible and almost got beat by East Hickman.

After the win, a "higher up" self reported to TSSAA that they played an ineligible player.

The ineligible player was said to be too old by two days, a senior who hasn't gotten to play all year.

But, I know (100%) there was a player on the team that turned 18 2 days before the game. But he does play. So, is there another player with the same birthday that turned 20??? Are there different age rules for transfers?

My guess is people are guessing and nobody posting on CoachT really knows why they had to forfeit after barely winning to a team they are 30+ points better than... A conspiracy theory type could really run with this though

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swarm, here are some interesting facts gathered on CoachT today, it's intriguing to say the least:

Cheatham played terrible and almost got beat by East Hickman.

After the win, a "higher up" self reported to TSSAA that they played an ineligible player.

The ineligible player was said to be too old by two days, a senior who hasn't gotten to play all year.

But, I know (100%) there was a player on the team that turned 18 2 days before the game. But he does play. So, is there another player with the same birthday that turned 20??? Are there different age rules for transfers?

My guess is people are guessing and nobody posting on CoachT really knows why they had to forfeit after barely winning to a team they are 30+ points better than... A conspiracy theory type could really run with this though

Lol.

I'm sorry but I don't see how they could possibly even ALMOST get beat by East Hickman. Dang Cubs! Something doesn't make sense. Actually, due to events surrounding the last 24 hrs... nothing makes sense!

I posted this is Gerry Bertier's other thread ( mistake in 3A bracket ) concerning the Cheatham player.

Too old before the season ever started if he indeed was too old to play Friday.

2016-17 TSSAA Handbook

Age Limit

Section 9.    No student shall be eligible to participate in any athletic contest during any school year if he/she

becomes 19 years of age on or before August 1. 

I posted this is Gerry Bertier's other thread ( mistake in 3A bracket ) concerning the Cheatham player.

Too old before the season ever started if he indeed was too old to play Friday.

2016-17 TSSAA Handbook

Age Limit

Section 9. No student shall be eligible to participate in any athletic contest during any school year if he/she

becomes 19 years of age on or before August 1.

So....does Cheatham have to forfeit all games the young man played in?

So....does Cheatham have to forfeit all games the young man played in?

I'm pretty sure he only played one play in that game and all season. To my understanding Cheatham was trying to do what fairview did for a young man this season. And it back fired because he was ineligible. I'm sure his one play had no influence on the outcome. TSSAA should have let.this one slide.

Who is the other player out besides Trueheart? Is it Carter? I saw on Twitter someone say Carter had a knee injury but that is not a reliable source and it seemed he played a heck of a game Friday night.

it's either him or the other running back that tore their ACL... Edited by FBfan26