Franklin County Coach

Bearfire

I would like to take a minute and talk about our objectives from a football program standpoint. The name of the game is to try and win as many games as you want to but the bigger picture is to help student athletes become better men, husbands, fathers and successful as they graduate from high school and move on into adult life. It is hard to disprove what someone with a computer and a agenda can type and hide behind a screen name says but I can say that since i have been there everyday with our kids we would never give our kids a certain number of wins to keep my job or to play for me or any other or our coaches. Our players play for our team, our community and our county which has a proud tradition of football Our kids are being taught to win, fight and compete with class every day.

There is nothing to gain for me being on here except that i do not hid behind a screen name, i am scott smith.

As for the future of rebel football we will begin cleaning up our field house and storing away equipment after cleaning up and inventorying it. We will begin our off season weight program tomorrow, since all but two players have weight lifting during the day, and start finalizing our next 2 year schedule and begin preparation for our new region opponents. We will focus on getting our senior players that want to play college football a place to play next year. In other words it will be business as usual.

Classy post but still got fired today.

Should have kept Smith if this is true.  Must hire a coach and stay the course if FC is ever going to win again. To many different head coaches in a short amount of time.  Hiring assistants is a bigger concern than who the head coach is. Huntland has a full staff wonder why we cant have a full staff.

Pay and teaching positions

This is not the first or LAST Coach to be run off.  Steve Britton had the good sense to tell them to shove it before they could do it to him.

Like I have said before, Franklin and Warren Counties are a NO WIN proposition for ANY Coach.  Bear Bryant could not make them happy in either County.

They both have great kids.  Shame the administrations will not support them!

This is not the first or LAST Coach to be run off. Steve Britton had the good sense to tell them to shove it before they could do it to him.

Like I have said before, Franklin and Warren Counties are a NO WIN proposition for ANY Coach. Bear Bryant could not make them happy in either County.

They both have great kids. Shame the administrations will not support them!

great post. Lebanon has same situation, Dad. Edited by runtheball

Its a shame Franklin County had a darn good coach and you're gonna fire him. I don't think you realize what you are losing. I have been reading all of these negative comments, and just can't help but wonder how well do you know Coach Smith. Because if you knew him at all you would know yes he LOVES winning. He is constantly coming up with new play ideas. That he will run over and over on a sheet of paper. He constantly is thinking about how each one of those boys on the team can bring something different something fresh. BUT he knows that football teaches so much more than winning a game. And I will bet what life lessons Coach Smith has taught these young men will leave more of an impact then the number of wins/loses they had. Politics play such a role in school these days. It's funny that Coach Smith is the one to go, when the problem is deeper in the athletic program. But good thing for Coach, he will be just fine. There are plenty of schools that can look at his career record and know they are getting a GREAT COACH.

Edited by 79raider97
  • Upvote 1