Meigs County Football at Forrest

Tiger86

So....I'm curious as to what happened during the Jackson County Vs. Forrest game? I'm not being ugly either I know we saw Jackson County. Our new friend ( and possibly biggest fan) Dr. Amerigha likes to talk about past games but, has never offered a synopsis on that one.

Again, not being ugly I'd just like to know. Teams have bad nights. I know Meigs sure had one at Marion. Started out bad and went in a downward spiral from there.

Forrest as not played well on long road trip games for the past several years. We came out very flat. JC scored just before half to lead 14-0 at half. 3rd qtr was dominated by Forrest and tied the score at 14. JC broke a long run on 3rd down from midfield in the 4th.Missed extra point to lead 20-14. Forrest got the ball with a few minutes left and was intercepted in the end zone. JC made the plays and won with no excuses from us. They were the better team that night. Forrest did not look sharp last week, maybe Tyners D but , mostly very sloppy. "IF" Forrest plays to its capabilities and being home we should win. We play like last week meigs will win by 3 scores

Forrest as not played well on long road trip games for the past several years. We came out very flat. JC scored just before half to lead 14-0 at half. 3rd qtr was dominated by Forrest and tied the score at 14. JC broke a long run on 3rd down from midfield in the 4th.Missed extra point to lead 20-14. Forrest got the ball with a few minutes left and was intercepted in the end zone. JC made the plays and won with no excuses from us. They were the better team that night. Forrest did not look sharp last week, maybe Tyners D but , mostly very sloppy. "IF" Forrest plays to its capabilities and being home we should win. We play like last week meigs will win by 3 scores

Thanks....Great post!!

I'm not predicting anything. Hopefully a great game for both sides. Meigs has been looking good as of late. Hoping they can keep up the pace on the road. Should be a crowd of Tiger fans coming with them!

Thanks....Great post!!

I'm not predicting anything. Hopefully a great game for both sides. Meigs has been looking good as of late. Hoping they can keep up the pace on the road. Should be a crowd of Tiger fans coming with them!

I personally think this will be the game of the week. For me this one is too close to call. I honestly believe this will be a 4 quarter dog fight. I have a couple of friends up in the Meigs area, so with that I say Meigs by a PAT. Meigs -28 Forrest 27. Edited by Astimeexpires01

The last two years MC has been fortunate enough to really put the hammer down quick on Meigs.  They had some really bad back breaking plays against them early.  I don't think that is a true representation of who they are and I think they will beat Forrest. Forrest escaped the 4 seed and will not escape the 2 seed.  

The last two years MC has been fortunate enough to really put the hammer down quick on Meigs.  They had some really bad back breaking plays against them early.  I don't think that is a true representation of who they are and I think they will beat Forrest. Forrest escaped the 4 seed and will not escape the 2 seed.

"Co-Sign"

So....I'm curious as to what happened during the Jackson County Vs. Forrest game? I'm not being ugly either I know we saw Jackson County. Our new friend ( and possibly biggest fan) Dr. Amerigha likes to talk about past games but, has never offered a synopsis on that one.

Again, not being ugly I'd just like to know. Teams have bad nights. I know Meigs sure had one at Marion. Started out bad and went in a downward spiral from there.

Jackson County's QB played an awesome game and the entire team stepped up that night.

One factor: Forrest has two of the best underclass athletes in 2A. One is a freshman and the other is a sophomore. They are both the real deal and two of the best players on the team on both sides of the ball. One did not play at all at JC and the other was injured during the game. The team could not overcome their typical slow start without either of these players in the 2nd half of a tight division game on the road. The secondary on the field in the 4th quarter at JC and against Tyner was made up of kids way down the depth chart at the beginning of the season.