Independence (12-0) at Cane Ridge (12-0)

captainTee

until a metro team wins state I'll keep thinking that... the 2012 whitehaven team was the last high classification school that's a metro team to win state and since then they haven't been back losing to mostly well coached and disciplined teams that don't panic when they get down by 14+ points... metro Nashville hasn't won state in a while so. There's only like 2 good coaches j. Metro Brunneti is one and Fitz is the other, those guys can coach with anyone imo other than that it's average coaching

So a metro coach going to the state don't count? Hillsboro, Maplewood have been to Cookeville recently.

until a metro team wins state I'll keep thinking that... the 2012 whitehaven team was the last high classification school that's a metro team to win state and since then they haven't been back losing to mostly well coached and disciplined teams that don't panic when they get down by 14+ points... metro Nashville hasn't won state in a while so. There's only like 2 good coaches j. Metro Brunneti is one and Fitz is the other, those guys can coach with anyone imo other than that it's average coaching

Craig Clayton at Hillsboro has won over 280 games as a HC.. Is he an average coach?

There's more than two good coaches in metro. Brunetti and Fitzgerald are good but so are Steve Williams, Mike Woodward, Clayton, Gore, and Woods.

Williams was DC at blackman, Woodward was at Ravenwood when they won state, Clayton has been in KY and Franklin, Gore has been at several places that were all successful, and it's hard not to mention woods and what he has done at CR.

There you have it folks. The only good coaches win state titles. If you don't win a state title. You are just average.

Just for clarity, how many state titles do you have to win to be considered a good coach?

Also, what about making it to the championship game? Does that count? If so, what is the number requirement to be considered a good coach under that criteria?

I'm sure I will have more questions after you have answerved these. By all means, we want a good understanding of what a good coach is verses an average coach, according to your standards.

By the way, Whitehaven is NOT a metro type team. Yes, they have an African American administration and the student body is African American by majority. However, those are the only similarities. Is that why you included Whitehaven in your statement in the fist place is because the coaching staff and players are African American? I'm just trying to get an understanding here.

Edited by kwc

Now this is an ignorant post. Losing in the 4th round twice to RW is still well above average. We beat suburban none metro/urban teams on a regular. I guarantee the so called good or better non metro/urban coaches would win less if they were coaching in an urban or metro area. It's a lot more than coaching x's and o's when you leave the burbs. And it's plenty of urban metro teams who are constantly good and plenty of suburban schools who are consistently bad.

Now this is an ignorant post. Losing in the 4th round twice to RW is still well above average. We beat suburban none metro/urban teams on a regular. I guarantee the so called good or better non metro/urban coaches would win less if they were coaching in an urban or metro area. It's a lot more than coaching x's and o's when you leave the burbs. And it's plenty of urban metro teams who are constantly good and plenty of suburban schools who are consistently bad.

Well said Edited by FIREBIRD80

There you have it folks. The only good coaches win state titles. If you don't win a state title. You are just average.

Just for clarity, how many state titles do you have to win to be considered a good coach?

Also, what about making it to the championship game? Does that count? If so, what is the number requirement to be considered a good coach under that criteria?

I'm sure I will have more questions after you have answerved these. By all means, we want a good understanding of what a good coach is verses an average coach, according to your standards.

By the way, Whitehaven is NOT a metro type team. Yes, they have an African American administration and the student body is African American by majority. However, those are the only similarities. Is that why you included Whitehaven in your statement in the fist place is because the coaching staff and players are African American? I'm just trying to get an understanding here.

Well said

How many state championships have these two gentlemen won as a head coach? I mean, if these two guys are your standard bearers, what are their numbers according to your own criteria?

Edited by kwc

nothing to do with being black Whitehaven is in Memphis which is a metropolitan area that's why I said it Edited by zoneread56

Craig Clayton at Hillsboro has won over 280 games as a HC.. Is he an average coach?

yeah matter a fact he is bc you know how many teams he has squandered.. worst defensive coaching I have ever saw from a High school team... literally press man and blitz every play with usually no safety in middle of field or just 1 at times... Knox west ran all over them 2 years ago and Indy has the last 2 yrs... so shut up