District 1-A

THE KING

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs lost last night to Grainger 59 to 52. Was a hard fought win by Grainger who was behind for most of the game but made a great comeback for the win. Was a game of runs and a good one to watch.

Still improving and maybe they can return the favor at GC...Gonna have to be able to do so if there's a hope of going deep.

District and regional games gonna be tuff as usual...Not to mention the challenges of sub-state, especially if it's away 

Still improving and maybe they can return the favor at GC...Gonna have to be able to do so if there's a hope of going deep.

District and regional games gonna be tuff as usual...Not to mention the challenges of sub-state, especially if it's away 

Most definitely. Agree on all points. Gonna be an interesting season. Coach Smith has a knack of having the Dogs ready by tournament time. If we are fortunate enough to make it to sub-state, you do not want to go on the road this year especially.

On a side note... Merry Christmas to all the CoachT friends!

I've only been to 5 games this year and out of seeing TN High, Daniel Boone, Hampton, and Knox Christian.....I would say Hampton was maybe the overall best team out of that group of 4. Looked like a very solid group, especially for it to be so early in the season.

You really think Hampton was better than Boone or KC? I mean Hampton was solid and shot the lights out, but Boone has looked pretty good at times and KC definitely had some athletes.

Edit: But you're right, the GC game that we saw was super early in the season. 

Edited by GCHSDevils

You really think Hampton was better than Boone or KC? I mean Hampton was solid and shot the lights out, but Boone has looked pretty good at times and KC definitely had some athletes.

Edit: But you're right, the GC game that we saw was super early in the season.

Well....It's hard to really tell. I may have overstepped a bit in giving Hampton that much credit. I thought Hampton was very solid. But GC on the other hand, that was their first game and was very rusty. If GC had played Hampton the way they played Knox Christian or Boone this last time they played....I may be singing a different tune. It may well have been a 40 pt blowout against Hampton. But credit to Hampton, they shot the lights out against GC.

There's no doubt Knox Christian has better athletes and way more size than Hampton. Boone also has 3 athletes in Rigsby, Hegler, and Scanlan that in my opinion are superior to the best 3 that Hampton has. I just think Hampton plays solid overall team ball...They seem to be a smart and don't make alot of boneheaded mistakes. That in itself beats out raw talent alot of times. If they manage to get better as the season progresses and start gelling even more, I think the Dogs will have a very good season.

Edited by RiverRat24

They (NG) looked like they'd probably be 5th in 4a. Made some threes to keep it within 20, but not much else going on vs CF today.

Yeah that's about all they could do. CF would go on a run to get up by about 20 then NG would hit a couple of 3s to get it back down between 12-16. I bet they hit between 10-15 threes for the game.