District 1-A

THE KING

Hampton hung with Fulton for 2.5 quarters, then Fulton stopped their big guy and the wheels fell off. Hampton plays really hard but you could tell they were not use to the speed. Good team either way.

Thanks for the update Chill. I was wondering how the game with Knox Fulton went. Playing teams like Fulton will only help Hampton come tournament time because Fulton will expose your weaknesses and what you need to improve on. Good to see the Hampton was competitive for a while anyway. Also great to hear that the big guy- Lyons was having a good game too. He has come a long way since last year. You can tell he has worked hard on his game.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

KING, I couldn't make it to the game last night....I heard it was like 25-23 in the middle of the 3rd??

Also heard there was very little electricity...Kinda strange for a Cloudland vs Hampton game

Watched the game and Hampton is not the team they,ve been the past few years. Neither team played all that great but more parity will make it more interesting. Also heard Hampton had a key player quit. 

Yes, I heard that last week also.

From what I've seen, HHS needs 4 qtrs of strong guard play...That's not "Me" ball, but ball control and inclusion.

It's gonna take a complete team effort if this unit is to go deep...

BTW, I'd be feeding Lyons until somebody stopped him or his arms fell off...which ever came first

Just like the years past we are currently in the situation of someone stepping up to be a leader. Last year after Coby got back in the groove (from injuries and football) of things and took that role we began to roll. Now this year they need someone to do that all the same! I have watched this group from the time of middle school and know them well I thought that Holtsclaw had improved a lot this year and was maybe gonna fill that roll until he went mia. After seeing the Cloudland game there was no fire in either team and looks like both need that one player to spark it! Also there were some substitution choices in the paint that may should have looked different but I am just hoping that Ned is just trying to find the right fit, but this late in the season things should be starting to shape up in that aspect. All in all talent its there but its going to take some fire, heart, and determination for this team to go as deep as the past years.

Due to other ballgames and injuries, I have not watched them play as much as usual...but I've seen enough to know that you're spot on 2000.

Hate Holtsclaw isn't playing because I too thot he had his game and head where it needed to be.

Feed Lyons and Crumley...I don't think either can be stopped without a double team and that opens up everything else.