Oakland vs. Maryville

GoPats2019

Oakland is good this year. No doubt about that. Could be the year that a boro team knocks off Maryville. Than again, maybe not! Will be a great game!

I just don't get all this superior defense by Oakland and Maryvills defense isn't any better cause they gave up more points on defense. Most likely everyone knows that Maryville has played the tougher schedule. Well out of region anyways. Alcoa and Fulton could most likely beat any 6A team in that region this year outside of Oakland.

the one difference I see on defenses on these 2 teams is that, Maryville gives up more garbage points than Oakland does. Maryville keeps their starters in the whole game, would they have giving up half these td? Most likely not!

Both teams are great. Maryville may not have a player like Jacoby, but outside of that, they're about evenly matched.

Either way, best of luck to both teams. Stay injury free and see you all Friday!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland is good this year. No doubt about that. Could be the year that a boro team knocks off Maryville. Than again, maybe not! Will be a great game!

I just don't get all this superior defense by Oakland and Maryvills defense isn't any better cause they gave up more points on defense. Most likely everyone knows that Maryville has played the tougher schedule. Well out of region anyways. Alcoa and Fulton could most likely beat any 6A team in that region this year outside of Oakland.

the one difference I see on defenses on these 2 teams is that, Maryville gives up more garbage points than Oakland does. Maryville keeps their starters in the whole game, would they have giving up half these td? Most likely not!

Both teams are great. Maryville may not have a player like Jacoby, but outside of that, they're about evenly matched.

Either way, best of luck to both teams. Stay injury free and see you all Friday!

I would like to offer this gem from the "Offshul" Thread... Here's what howdoitknow said,

howdoitknow, on 19 Nov 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:snapback.png

What's Maryville's record against Rutherford County in the playoffs now over the last 8 years (since Maryville jumped from the 4A level):

Blackman: 3-0

Riverdale: 2-0

Oakland: 2-0

Siegel: 1-0

Smyrna: 1-0

If they win on Friday night and improve to 10-0 against "The Boro" then it will become virtually impossible for a Rutherford County School to believe that they can beat the Rebels.

Here's what I said, "Ouch" 

Edited by BlackHavenSenator