Alcoa @ Sequatchie Co. - Class 3A Semifinals

Sequatchie

Good morning and Congrats to both teams for making it this far.  Seeing both team, strength of schedule, and depth I can put my 2 cents worth in.  I think heart will keep Seq. in game early offensively , seeing some success early.  I think after adrenaline leaves the field Alcoa will slowly begin shutting down the running game of Seq.  Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems Seq. will have some boys on that line will be going both ways.  Alcoa has depth which causes a problem. Alcoa is game tested with Maryville, Scott, Betsy, and they played CAK when they had Cole Smith.  No doubt Seq. has a tough nosed mentality and plays with heart.  I say all this to state Alcoa should roll in this one.  I don't want to disrespect Seq. and what they have done this year, but I felt if they struggled with ER, an average team at best.  Alcoa could potentially win big.  You are right, always a punchers chance, but based on watching both teams live, I just can't see Seq. winning this game.  Good luck, these memories will last a lifetime. 

Thumped Notre Dame pretty good in the 2nd round... Beat South Pitt 1 a semi finalist.... The East Ridge game and score isn't entirely indicative to how good this team is. They were probably riding a little high from beating ND the week before. Which whether anyone in the valley likes to admit or not, is a pretty big deal considering the whippings they've dealt out to valley teams the last couple years.

Good morning and Congrats to both teams for making it this far. Seeing both team, strength of schedule, and depth I can put my 2 cents worth in. I think heart will keep Seq. in game early offensively , seeing some success early. I think after adrenaline leaves the field Alcoa will slowly begin shutting down the running game of Seq. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems Seq. will have some boys on that line will be going both ways. Alcoa has depth which causes a problem. Alcoa is game tested with Maryville, Scott, Betsy, and they played CAK when they had Cole Smith. No doubt Seq. has a tough nosed mentality and plays with heart. I say all this to state Alcoa should roll in this one. I don't want to disrespect Seq. and what they have done this year, but I felt if they struggled with ER, an average team at best. Alcoa could potentially win big. You are right, always a punchers chance, but based on watching both teams live, I just can't see Seq. winning this game. Good luck, these memories will last a lifetime.

Don't forget Webb who is likely better than all those teams minus Maryville and having beat CAK. Alcoa has played much tougher opponents.

Don't forget Webb who is likely better than all those teams minus Maryville and having beat CAK. Alcoa has played much tougher opponents.

Yes and remember Notre Dame was not a true to form Notre Dame team.  Many injuries this year and such.  McMinn Central had Notre Dame down 2 touchdowns with about 4 minutes to go.  Took two hail mary's to tie up game before regulation.  I say that to post Notre Dame game not that glamorous.  South Pitt is only notable win for Seq.  Don't get me wrong, these boys want be afraid to hit ya and will play their guts out.

Edited by logcabinman

To bad this ain't 2013 and we aren't Upperman . The Indians will not lay down in ah of your supposed greatness you will have a fight on your hands unlike you want to believe keep talking about how yall can pick the score against this group you too could eat crow with a few others that like to talk thrash that found out the hard way. Alcoa may win but I promise you that it won't be easy. I am with the guys in PURPLE GO INDIANS.

SC has our boys full respect and attention. No doubt SC is an excellent team very worthy of the praise received thus far. Review of your film shows a hard hitting team that does not give up and employs multiple weapons. We will need to start fast and finish faster to compete in this game in the W column. Now to more important stuff: Where is the best place to grab some vittles when we get into town Friday? I will be riding down beautiful Hwy 27. Best wishes for a great game with no injuries to either side.

Edited by scots50