1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

Having seen every game of NCS's last year, watching the West Semifinal on Friday night, and seeing Greenback last year, my take is this:

This year's Dresden team is no joke. They can throw. They can run. They have a ridiculously athletic QB who can sling it. They have a bruiser in Yates. They have athletes all over the field. This team handled business against a very very hungry Wayne County team. 2016 Dresden looks a lot like a brother of 2015 NCS in the sense that they can hurt you with talent all over the field.

With this being said, I think that Wayne County's D-line gave Dresden more than they wanted, and I predict that Greenback's Silvey & Friends will give them even more. Dresden has some big big boys, but doesn't look consistently physical up front (on either side of the ball) from what I saw on film and last night. The rest of the defense is nasty though.

I haven't gotten the chance to watch much of Greenback this year other than the Silvey and Roberts highlight film. I sure hope that Greenback is better than last year. And I've heard that they are much improved. I say that because I don't think that the 2015 orange and black from Cookeville can hang with those Dresden boys from Friday. Like I said, 2016 Dresden looks an awful lot like 2015 NCS talentwise... with a more experienced and more accurate QB.

Looking forward to a great game though. Hopefully I'll be able to make the trip to Cookeville to watch. The past 2 State Champs have been absolutely dominant all-around. Will it be a third year?

I truly am ignorant to the Greenback team, so don't kill me lol. Just interested in matchups. Any thoughts on unit matchups?

Edited by NashvilleChristianFan

Having seen every game of NCS's last year, watching the West Semifinal on Friday night, and seeing Greenback last year, my take is this:

This year's Dresden team is no joke. They can throw. They can run. They have a ridiculously athletic QB who can sling it. They have a bruiser in Yates. They have athletes all over the field. This team handled business against a very very hungry Wayne County team. 2016 Dresden looks a lot like a brother of 2015 NCS in the sense that they can hurt you with talent all over the field.

With this being said, I think that Wayne County's D-line gave Dresden more than they wanted, and I predict that Greenback's Silvey & Friends will give them even more. Dresden has some big big boys, but doesn't look consistently physical up front (on either side of the ball) from what I saw on film and last night. The rest of the defense is nasty though.

I haven't gotten the chance to watch much of Greenback this year other than the Silvey and Roberts highlight film. I sure hope that Greenback is better than last year. And I've heard that they are much improved. I say that because I don't think that the 2015 orange and black from Cookeville can hang with those Dresden boys from Friday. Like I said, 2016 Dresden looks an awful lot like 2015 NCS talentwise... with a more experienced and more accurate QB.

Looking forward to a great game though. Hopefully I'll be able to make the trip to Cookeville to watch. The past 2 State Champs have been absolutely dominant all-around. Will it be a third year?

I've not seen Greenback, but your assessment of Dresden is spot on. The nose tackle from D high is huge, but has no experience...only been playing football for two years. The rest of the linemen are not as big as the Greenback kids, but #11 will be in the backfield all day, so the Cherokee's better get the ball out quickly and block the backside of the sweeps. As good as their defense is, the real trouble is in stopping drives. The passing game is very good, as is the running game...containing both, while guarding against the QB picking up first downs scrambling is almost impossible unless you can get them in long yardage situations. I knew what I was seeing, but when R Rice pooched the kickoff between two onside attempts, that told me that he knew that WC couldn't stop the Dresden offense, and had to "steal" some possessions to stay in the game.

No they don't Greenback running game is much better. You'll find out!

I follow Alcoa football. I know Championship football. You'd just be fooling yourself if you think UC can pound the rock like THIS Cherokee team. Don't think for a moment this Greenback team is anything like the team that played in the Championships game last year.

With Greenback getting to Cookeville last year will be a BIG advantage. It will not be new and intimidating like it will be for dresden. Also, when the lions see how big Greenback line is, the pregame jetters set in and the Cherokees roll!

Union City's QB was 9th in the entire nation in rushing yards before he got hurt, and I am fairly confident UC had more rushing yards than Greenback did this year. Dresden's defense is best in 1A, they will bend, but they won't break. Good luck with your running game, Dresden will not be intimidated. They play with lots of confidence and will put a lot of points on the scoreboard, and if your offense can't score 40, they won't beat Dresden.

I truly am ignorant to the Greenback team, so don't kill me lol. Just interested in matchups. Any thoughts on unit matchups?

These teams sound Sooo familiar!For the size Silvey is 6'0 275,Big Bobby Woods(I love saying that LOL)is 6'5 325.The others around 250 range and these boys can move not just slobby mtns.OH AND REMEMBER TO TELL ALL THE DRESDEN KIDS HEAD ON A SWIVEL!!!Silveys motor don't stop till the whistle blows!!This is important and I am not joking!He is dangerous.

That Roy Dillard and company talked so much smack last week they had me believing SP would win, I picked against GB now I'm still down 1 to pujo. Everyone thinks they can stop GB run game till you face it :mrgreen:

Got a good coaching staff Harley!We play each team to their strengths or weakness.In my opinion a very good strategy.Have to give the dozers time to warm up before they start cutting a road!We had to change the tracks out last week to be able to slow down the Pirates!Now we got another big hill to excavate to get to pay dirt!

That Roy Dillard and company talked so much smack last week they had me believing SP would win, I picked against GB now I'm still down 1 to pujo. Everyone thinks they can stop GB run game till you face it  :mrgreen:

Yeah I made the same mistake.Been doing some checking and Dresdon don,t look like SP.

Why is it when a team from east beats SP they automatically become world beaters.SP hasn't been relevant in 5 or 6 years.

How many gold balls does your team have in the trophy case?? I am no Greenback fan nor Dresden but I can say one thing I have seen many high school football teams from the east and west over the past 10yrs and this Greenback team is one of the better ones I have seen at the 1a level they're a much better team than last year! They play very very physical! It will take an excellent team to beat them I think Dresden will need a few bounces go their way to get the win but in no way shape or form see Dresden mercy ruling them. Honestly I think Alcoa would even have problems with them.

All games are different and hard to gauge a season on one game   but one thing that sticks out to me is the way Union City Handled Mitchell. Mitchell Beat Trezavant once and took um to the wire another time. It would be a hard sale to me to say Greenback has played anyone on Trezavants level.

How many gold balls does your team have in the trophy case?? I am no Greenback fan nor Dresden but I can say one thing I have seen many high school football teams from the east and west over the past 10yrs and this Greenback team is one of the better ones I have seen at the 1a level they're a much better team than last year! They play very very physical! It will take an excellent team to beat them I think Dresden will need a few bounces go their way to get the win but in no way shape or form see Dresden mercy ruling them. Honestly I think Alcoa would even have problems with them.

crap now you done gone and mentioned that Alcoa name - this thread will get hijacked for sure -