Marion vs Trezevent (Mathis man against this White man)

Roy Dillard

If you could have just acknowledged his accomplishments without the caveat, that would have been great. But nope, you just had to add that little tid-bit.

It's PAR FOR THE COURSE however. I'm not surprised at all.

Why am I being so picky you ask? Because it is ALWAYS the caveat thrown in with any successful coach that coaches a team from Memphis. Folks just can't help it. So, what will be your response to this?

You will say ... "But it's true!" "He does have a lot of athletes" What I have YET to hear/read is anyone outside of Memphis, save a select few, who will acknowledge the coaching acumen of any coach from a City of Memphis school WITHOUT adding the 'athlete' caveat.

Don't hold your breath, you will probably suffocate before you read it.

Sadly I deal with a lot of former Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga athletes everyday. Kids/adults just got caught up in the wrong stuff. So being a Memphis coach isn't anymore challenging than the other big cities in the state. Edited by TweedleDumb

If you could have just acknowledged his accomplishments without the caveat, that would have been great. But nope, you just had to add that little tid-bit.

It's PAR FOR THE COURSE however. I'm not surprised at all.

Why am I being so picky you ask? Because it is ALWAYS the caveat thrown in with any successful coach that coaches a team from Memphis. Folks just can't help it. So, what will be your response to this?

You will say ... "But it's true!" "He does have a lot of athletes" What I have YET to hear/read is anyone outside of Memphis, save a select few, who will acknowledge the coaching acumen of any coach from a City of Memphis school WITHOUT adding the 'athlete' caveat.

Don't hold your breath, you will probably suffocate before you read it.

wow man , land of the offended. I gave a compliment whether you want to believe it in your head or not. I would venture to say that you could put Richardson on any team in 2a and they are the overwhelming favorite, not to mention the collection of teammates that he has. Dude, take a compliment, he has done a good job putting together the talent that he has and meshing it together. Good coach, his record speaks for its self.

wow man , land of the offended. I gave a compliment whether you want to believe it in your head or not. I would venture to say that you could put Richardson on any team in 2a and they are the overwhelming favorite, not to mention the collection of teammates that he has. Dude, take a compliment, he has done a good job putting together the talent that he has and meshing it together. Good coach, his record speaks for its self.

THERE YOU GO AGAIN? And just WHAT do you mean by "meshing" and "good" and....Dude? Huh? Ludicrous 

B)

Sadly I deal with a lot of former Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga athletes everyday. Kids/adults just got caught up in the wrong stuff. So being a Memphis coach isn't anymore challenging than the other big cities in the state.

True. But coaching a team consistently to championship games from the urban setting which Trezevant finds itself is what makes his coaching success, that much more admirable is my point. 

I will agree with you that mc will need to force some turnovers to have a chance. Talent advantage clearly to the Bears. Didnt you take AE as well, because we havent seen fast? That was crazy because i was pretty sure we played bump and run and forced several turnovers.

I took AE before I watched um against HV, I told Uknoit after the game that you would beat them. They were good enough to beat anyone but they only played when they wanted too and they never took advantage of their weapons.

When you are in my shoes you will begin to see what I see. I go throughout the threads on different Memphis teams, not just Trezevant and Whitehaven. It's the same mantra. But since you aren't from Memphis, you aren't aware of the STIGMA that is attached to every coach from Memphis that coaches a high school football team that resides in the CITY.

It is what it is. I'm sitting here thinking that if CR isn't able to go, and they play and beat MC without him ... would Teli White be considered a really good coach without the "Athlete" caveat attached to any success that Trezevant has.

To you, I'm making a bug deal about nothing. To those of us from Memphis ... this a VERY BIG ISSUE.

Sorry you had to witness that. Just do me a favor ... from now on, when you read a comment about coaching from Memphis schools. Just make a mental note how many times the "Athlete" word is attached and HOW much it is attributed to whatever schools success.

If the comment is coming from a non Memphis person. You will see it more often then not. 

Well, why is this important to you? You ask? I'll answer that. 

It comes across as if NONE of the coaches who successfully get a team to the championship game could do it on their own coaching acumen. The coaches AREN'T smart enough to do it. THEY have to rely on athleticism.

THAT's why it is such a big deal. Of course you wouldn't notice it. That's why I bring it up. Anybody from a City of Memphis program who will read this statement will co-sign on it. Trust me, we all see it.

Edited by kwc

I took AE before I watched um against HV, I told Uknoit after the game that you would beat them. They were good enough to beat anyone but they only played when they wanted too and they never took advantage of their weapons.

Pujo, old friend I was abused in the offseason and during the year for saying Marion County would beat Austin East by multiple scores. Some people like to look at a glass half full. I was mocked and laughed at by everyone. LMBO