Mairvul Footbawl 2017

STARSNBARS

I'm anxious to see if any Freshmen get to play this year. It seems as though there's been one or two who have gotten some PT the last few years, but I know of one for sure who could possibly do it and is just about the freakiest athlete I've ever seen come through Maryville since Carl Stewart. He'll be a WR I bet for the high school and if that's the case I can't see anyone stopping him, Davis III, or Kimble as receiving threats the next few years.

Edited by JSamson7

I'm anxious to see if any Freshmen get to play this year. It seems as though there's been one or two who have gotten some PT the last few years, but I know of one for sure who could possibly do it and is just about the freakiest athlete I've ever seen come through Maryville since Carl Stewart. He'll be a WR I bet for the high school and if that's the case I can't see anyone stopping him, Davis III, or Kimble as receiving threats the next few years.

Ennurustin'.....JSam tail us moore abowt this yung 'un...... :popcorneater:

Ennurustin'.....JSam tail us moore abowt this yung 'un...... :popcorneater:

His name is Braden Anderson, I would venture to say he could have played last year for the high school but would have been a little light in the pants. If he can keep his head on straight, he reminds me ALOT of Randy Moss.... He's that good.

...I would venture to say he could have played last year for the high school but would have been a little light in the pants. If he can keep his head on straight, he reminds me ALOT of Randy Moss.... He's that good.

I look forward to watching the young man play.

Even a kid as good as the great Randy Moss would not be allowed to play as an 8th grader at murvil, and it's not due to T$$AA rules. Murvil has an agreement in the T$$AA office that allows kids from the old jr high to play at the high school. That is necessary so that the 9th graders can participate in all sports. It also covers the 8th graders because they are under the same roof - kinda like GCA. Problem is that the school board and director of schools decided to pass a local rule (at the request of someone very influential in mhs athletics) that does not allow 8th graders to participate. 

I am not sure how that helps the kids and was never able to get an answer. Lord knows I tried. Just another example of my alma mater becoming more about itself than the kids who are there. May be time to drain the swamp at a local level.

Edited by strongx

Even a kid as good as the great Randy Moss would not be allowed to play as an 8th grader at murvil, and it's not due to T$$AA rules. Murvil has an agreement in the T$$AA office that allows kids from the old jr high to play at the high school. That is necessary so that the 9th graders can participate in all sports. It also covers the 8th graders because they are under the same roof - kinda like GCA. Problem is that the school board and director of schools decided to pass a local rule (at the request of someone very influential in mhs athletics) that does not allow 8th graders to participate. 

I am not sure how that helps the kids and was never able to get an answer. Lord knows I tried. Just another example of my alma mater becoming more about itself than the kids who are there. May be time to drain the swamp at a local level.

I'm very aware of the rule and may be dealing with it in 2 years with one of our middle school wrestlers. With wrestling though there have been multiple schools who have let their 8th graders start varsity especially at the lower weights and Maryville needs to re-examine this rule in certain circumstances.

Back on topic though, I knew Braden couldn't play on the high school team even if he wanted to. Heck he didn't even play for the junior high and chose to play for Don Sentell one more year because of his age. My guess is he was about 6'1 or 6'2 and weighed close to 150-160. I recruited him HARD to come out for our middle school wrestling team, but he is inevitably a b-baller in the winter time. If I can find it, there is a highlight of him making a one handed catch over a Catholic defender that was definitely ESPN worthy.

That said, based on what I know about the amount of talent coming through the youth programs (Rebs & Bears) I imagine Stars will be predicting us to win a few games or two every year until about 2025... lol

Edited by JSamson7

Agree at several levels!

I hope the new hires have 6'4 240 lbs sons or nephews.

One of the former principals had two nephews that were bigger. They were born in Maryville, but grew up in Metro Atlanta. One played in the ACC and one is going to the SEC this year. Would have loved to have seen them in red/black.