My take on Mark Packer calling the game last Night.

BarneySox2007

I do not like Mark Packer but I give him credit for putting a lot of high school kids on TV on thursday night that other wise would never get any press. A lot of smaller school get on TV because of him. But I agree as usual he was awful on the championship games who ever let him have that contract? JEEZ!

No,

There would just be a lot less football games on tv which is what I said. I personally find Packer to be really funny. Me and my brother were watching and we were commenting on how big Whitehaven's d-line was and right on cue Packer says" we've found the beef, it's on Whitehaven's D-line". We died laughing.

Your taste in comedy mirrors your taste in football teams, methinks

No,

There would just be a lot less football games on tv which is what I said. I personally find Packer to be really funny. Me and my brother were watching and we were commenting on how big Whitehaven's d-line was and right on cue Packer says" we've found the beef, it's on Whitehaven's D-line". We died laughing.

:blink: It must not take much to make you laugh then. He Horrible so is Austin Price. Both has big heads and thinks they know it all. Plus I love how Packer said when he started he wanted to get all teams in East Tennessee on TV at one time. Well the last couple years its the same teams over and over on there. Guess other teams like Karns, Grainger, Cumberland Gap, William Blount, Heritage, Tellico Plains, Rockwood, Sweetwater, Sequoyah, Stone Memorial to name a few is not good enough for him now. Next year you can bet it be the same schools on TV

No,

OMG, he uses that stupid "we've found the beef" line in every other broadcast. Not funny, nor creative. I couldn't. Believe my ears when I heard him broadcasting the game. He's awful!! I had to turn the game off. I couldn't take him. To those that believe he's doing such a good public service broadcasting local Knoxville area HS football games, give us a break. He's making mint doing it. If he wasn't doing it, trust me, somebody else would, and it's not a stretch to believe they'd be putting a much better product out there each week.

I finally saw the broadcast... It was as bad as they were saying... J'Len Smith #1 DE/OLB, the guy that had the game clinching fumble recovery, has like a 4.0 GPA and is committed to AIR FORCE and barely got any "spotlight" type recognition. I understand he didn't make more plays than our Big Freshman LB #20 but the total lack of mention showed me that they didn't do any research outside of our Mr. Football Finalists (Aubrey Miller #22 and Special K Watkins #11)... I mean they barely did research on #22.. He's Verbally Committed to Missouri but they failed to mention that only saying he's getting SEC looks and offers... They kept saying that both thems had to beat the teams that they couldn't beat the year before to make it to state implying we beat Ravenwood... NO, We beat Cordova who beat Ravenwood... The big Lineman commentator dude didn't realize that we had actually won the State before! I was utterly Appalled at this!!! If I hadn't just bought my phone I would have thrown it... Then they said we made it to State in 2003, OMG all of the misinformation was mind blowing... 2011 was our first appearance in the State Title game in the Modern Era! TSSAA/Blue Cross Bowl, please start having a 3 man team to do Shelby Co. (former MEMPHIS CITY SCHOOLS) GAMES in the State Finals. Call John Varlas or Leroy Watson ONLY for the Memphis Schools. The lack of knowledge and professionalism of the Middle and East commentators makes people NOT want to BUY copies. I KNOW THAT'S a REVENUE STREAM! Don't believe me if you want to. I'm a Consultant and trying to help you make more money TSSAA. I know TSSAA likes Mo'Money! Those two commentators were WACK and didn't KNOW ish about Whitehaven. I, for one, didn't appreciate it. (puts away soapbox)  

Edited by BlackHavenSenator