Who will be the next coach at GCA?

Raven52

For what my opinion is worth, I think GCA hit a home run with Bradley. I have no idea what is in the past, nor do I care...what I do know is that there are kids in the GCA area that remember the mighty Alcoa freight train being derailed by Bradley's team, and that there's (with all due respect to the DII teams) no Alcoa in their division to contend with. Y'all are on the path.

Thank you, sir. We've still got Webb, CAK, Boyd and a few Booger's to deal with. It's an exciting time to be a Ram.

Thank you, sir. We've still got Webb, CAK, Boyd and a few Booger's to deal with. It's an exciting time to be a Ram.

Congrats on the hire.....thats a big hire.....its shows that GCA r serious about trying to be a contender in the region....u can probably go ahead and assure that u will have at least 2 wins in the region over Silverdale and The Sword of Joshua Full Pentecostal Assembly just Charger Drive on the Frontage Road

Rams fans should be excited

Booger just sayin  :thumb:

GCA pride - how about shooting me an email -xxxxxxxxxxxxx.  I really would like to talk to you.  No issues with you. Just like to talk and understand what your issue is with me.  I know who you are, too. 

And I am very happy that things worked out in the end with Rusty.  He's a good person, a tremendous football coach, and a class act.  No issues there what so ever.  

Thanks.

Edited by HTV

For what my opinion is worth, I think GCA hit a home run with Bradley. I have no idea what is in the past, nor do I care...what I do know is that there are kids in the GCA area that remember the mighty Alcoa freight train being derailed by Bradley's team, and that there's (with all due respect to the DII teams) no Alcoa in their division to contend with. Y'all are on the path.

Rusty Bradley and CAK have beat Webb once...ever. I think you're getting a little excited. But definitely a great hire. Surprised he essentially went from CAK to USJ to Grace. Interesting.

Rusty Bradley and CAK have beat Webb once...ever. I think you're getting a little excited. But definitely a great hire. Surprised he essentially went from CAK to USJ to Grace. Interesting.

Easy now, I didn't predict a state title, just saying that there's no monster in DII that has dominated like Alcoa has in 3A. With all due respect to Webb (plenty), beating them for a title isn't as unlikely as beating the Tornadoes in any given year, and prospective players and parents will consider GCA because Bradley has accomplished that already. Not excited at all...just noting the obvious.

As for the moves on Bradley's part, there's a huge upside to USJ that probably attracted him to the job...there also come problems with those upsides. USJ is considered by most to be the "it" school between Nashville and Memphis, and parents want what they're selling for their kids. Most of the money and power from Jackson and the surrounding area is represented on their campus, and athletes are "brought in" from a large radius. The money and power (called super boosters at USJ) people sometimes aren't very patient, and some feel that they have the right to an inordinate amount of input because of their social status or "support". Interesting that money and kryptonite are both green.

Edited by tradertwo

Easy now, I didn't predict a state title, just saying that there's no monster in DII that has dominated like Alcoa has in 3A. With all due respect to Webb (plenty), beating them for a title isn't as unlikely as beating the Tornadoes in any given year, and prospective players and parents will consider GCA because Bradley has accomplished that already. Not excited at all...just noting the obvious.

I agree to an extent. At one point Webb had won 5 out of 7 which is pretty dominant, but this is a new division now. I will tell you top to bottom this new DIV2AA is much better than 3A. I could name about 5-8 teams that were better than anyone in 3A last year besides Alcoa and maybe Elizabethon (who had a good year). I think the D2A champ from last would give Alcoa all they wanted as well. They were big athletic and deep.

If Grace were still in 2A I'd predict a state title run within the first two years. Being in this division id expect a few years at least before they make any type of playoff push. This is not 2A. That is for sure.

I agree to an extent. At one point Webb had won 5 out of 7 which is pretty dominant, but this is a new division now. I will tell you top to bottom this new DIV2AA is much better than 3A. I could name about 5-8 teams that were better than anyone in 3A last year besides Alcoa and maybe Elizabethon (who had a good year). I think the D2A champ from last would give Alcoa all they wanted as well. They were big athletic and deep.

If Grace were still in 2A I'd predict a state title run within the first two years. Being in this division id expect a few years at least before they make any type of playoff push. This is not 2A. That is for sure.

Correct on all points, but the gap between Alcoa and the "field" is usually greater in 3A than ever will be in DIIAA.

I usually agree with most of your posts, but this one I just have to respectfully disagree, specifically the 5-8 teams better than anybody in 3A besides Alcoa and "maybe" Elizabethton.  I saw E'ton play twice and Alcoa once; I also saw many of the Div2A schools play last year. 

First, nobody in Div2A would have touched Alcoa OR Elizabethton (Betsy's OL and DL just TOO dominant for the lines that the Div2A schools usually have to put together with some undersized, albeit athletic, guys).

Webb had plenty of chances to beat Lausanne in the title game, so I don't see Lausanne as giving Alcoa or E'ton any serious challenge.  Webb was only 2 points better than CAK which is essentially a push.  CAK was unable to mount a serious challenge to Alcoa or Betsy so no reason to think Webb or Lausanne would have (unless one team had an unusually good or bad game, of course).

I saw film on several of the other Div2A schools last year and Lausanne and Webb are the only two I would say with any reasonable degree of probability were better than CAK (although not by much).  Hard to judge USJ, might be a toss-up on any given night. Most of the other teams I saw film or in person didn't look as good as, for example, Scott County, which had a very good team with some exceptional athletes last year and almost beat CAK.

Who are the 5-8 Div2A teams from 2016 you believe were better than anybody in 3A besides Alcoa and "maybe Elizabethton?"  It's possible I didn't see film on any of those but I'm curious.  Thanks.

I usually agree with most of your posts, but this one I just have to respectfully disagree, specifically the 5-8 teams better than anybody in 3A besides Alcoa and "maybe" Elizabethton. I saw E'ton play twice and Alcoa once; I also saw many of the Div2A schools play last year.

First, nobody in Div2A would have touched Alcoa OR Elizabethton (Betsy's OL and DL just TOO dominant for the lines that the Div2A schools usually have to put together with some undersized, albeit athletic, guys).

Webb had plenty of chances to beat Lausanne in the title game, so I don't see Lausanne as giving Alcoa or E'ton any serious challenge. Webb was only 2 points better than CAK which is essentially a push. CAK was unable to mount a serious challenge to Alcoa or Betsy so no reason to think Webb or Lausanne would have (unless one team had an unusually good or bad game, of course).

I saw film on several of the other Div2A schools last year and Lausanne and Webb are the only two I would say with any reasonable degree of probability were better than CAK (although not by much). Hard to judge USJ, might be a toss-up on any given night. Most of the other teams I saw film or in person didn't look as good as, for example, Scott County, which had a very good team with some exceptional athletes last year and almost beat CAK.

Who are the 5-8 Div2A teams from 2016 you believe were better than anybody in 3A besides Alcoa and "maybe Elizabethton?" It's possible I didn't see film on any of those but I'm curious. Thanks.

Okay. First let's not pretend high school football teams don't change throughout the season. The Webb team that finished the season would have beat the early Webb team soundly. Trust me Webb was a lot better to finish the year.

Lausanne most certainly could have played with Alcoa. They were much bigger and deeper than Webb. Their lines would have matched up. You cant simply compare scores and assume especially when some games were played early. That undefeated team was very very good.

CAK did get blown out by Alcoa but they also didn't have their top quarterback for that game. They did when they played Webb. So that isn't a comparable score either. Yes Alcoa beat Webb 38-13 week 1. Once again anyone who follows Webb football knows that young team became much much better the second half of the season and even knocked off 5A power Oak Ridge who was the only team to beat 5A state champ Farragut.

I give Alcoa the edge but the thing is Alcoa rarely has anyone they play in 3A during the regular season that is a good football team.

Yes Scott almost beat CAK but Grace almost did too. Webb once they hit stride beat the same Grace team CAK needed a last minute comeback to win 41-0. Trust me Webb and Lausanne would have given Elizabethon a game and would have beat every other team in 3A. I still think Lausanne would give Alcoa all they wanted.

When I said 5-8 teams I was also including this years teams coming over. So CAK and Notre Dame, CPA etc. as far as last year this is what I've got.

1. Alcoa/Lausanne

2. Webb/Elizabethon

5. Harding Academy

6. St. George's

7. Stratford (3A)

8. Milan (3A)

9. BGA

10. CPA (3A)

With CAK, Notre Dame, CPA, David Lipscomb, Grace

And some teams out west there is no doubt that D2AA is now a much tougher classification top to bottom than top heavy 3A.