Class A Miss Basketball Nominations

CoachT

Just because you homer's think it doesn't mean that's the way it is. Both are very good players and both were very deserving. Lamb won the state championship, I'd say she will take that over any individual award as would Meadows. Quit your whining and suck it up buttercup... :popcorneater:

Everyone that has stated their opinions are not even from Greeneville so I wouldn't call them homers. (He is a middle TN guy If you look at his other posts). I agree with you that Lamb would rather have 2 tournament MVPs and 2 Gold balls. She shows up big on the big stage. Both Meadows and Lamb will do well at the next level and might end up teammates since Lamb is being recruited by MTSU

Everyone that has stated their opinions are not even from Greeneville so I wouldn't call them homers. (He is a middle TN guy If you look at his other posts). I agree with you that Lamb would rather have 2 tournament MVPs and 2 Gold balls. She shows up big on the big stage. Both Meadows and Lamb will do well at the next level and might end up teammates since Lamb is being recruited by MTSU

What a coup that would be for Ensell!

Nope not a homer, just stating my opinion. Never been to Greeneville. Not taking anything away from Meadows she's a great player just not as good all around as Lamb. Golden from Huntland is pretty darn good too. Lamb is great in transition offense and defense and halfcourt in both. Meadows is only a factor in the halfcourt. I know you will say she brought it down court and that was impressive but Lamb is a more complete player. Lamb can play all positions, Meadows can play one.

They are both good basketball players.  If I knew that my other picks were all going to be ball handlers and shooters I would probably take Meadows over Lamb.....but if you were taking the best player overall then there is little question that Lamb is the better pick because she does more for those around her and she is pretty relentless.  You can park Meadows on the low block and she is going to get you twenty every night.....the difference is you can put Lamb just about anywhere and she is going to get her twenty each night too.  One thing is for sure....they are both commanding enough presence to demand you game plan for each.

Kazzy

They are both good basketball players. If I knew that my other picks were all going to be ball handlers and shooters I would probably take Meadows over Lamb.....but if you were taking the best player overall then there is little question that Lamb is the better pick because she does more for those around her and she is pretty relentless. You can park Meadows on the low block and she is going to get you twenty every night.....the difference is you can put Lamb just about anywhere and she is going to get her twenty each night too. One thing is for sure....they are both commanding enough presence to demand you game plan for each.

Kazzy

Agreed! There was no wrong pick for Ms Basketball this year whichever young lady won it you couldn't argue with the choice in my opinion. All 3 were and are very deserving Edited by UCSportsFan

​Next year Pickett County could have 2 players that could be nominated. Courtney Pritchett was District Tournament  and Region Tournament MVP beating Miss Basketball Kara Meadows both times. Aaliyah Brown is an up and coming player and scored 23 at the tournament but more likely the nominee the year after . Pickett county gave South Greene the toughest game.

They are both good basketball players. If I knew that my other picks were all going to be ball handlers and shooters I would probably take Meadows over Lamb.....but if you were taking the best player overall then there is little question that Lamb is the better pick because she does more for those around her and she is pretty relentless. You can park Meadows on the low block and she is going to get you twenty every night.....the difference is you can put Lamb just about anywhere and she is going to get her twenty each night too. One thing is for sure....they are both commanding enough presence to demand you game plan for each.

Kazzy

I agree with you post for the most par Kaz.Let me ask you this...Can Meadows got to MTSU a D1 school and play ball???I'm not just saying sitting on the low post and shooting layups because there will be other 6'4 girls who are much more athletic playing there also,but college is a more transition type game.My son played college ball also and I know how much up and down it can be.Do you think that they can "use" her now or do you think she will have to transform herself?Please don't think I'm being ugly I'm not,after watching the tourn game my wife and I both were asking each other this question.She really struggled up and down the court and this is just High school.

I agree with you post for the most par Kaz.Let me ask you this...Can Meadows got to MTSU a D1 school and play ball???I'm not just saying sitting on the low post and shooting layups because there will be other 6'4 girls who are much more athletic playing there also,but college is a more transition type game.My son played college ball also and I know how much up and down it can be.Do you think that they can "use" her now or do you think she will have to transform herself?Please don't think I'm being ugly I'm not,after watching the tourn game my wife and I both were asking each other this question.She really struggled up and down the court and this is just High school.

This is straight from Insell's mouth.. I am not worried about her. I will get her block to block.

Kara has performed for her AAU team vs the highest level of competition around the country and performed well. That's why MTSU, La Tech, Kansas State, Ole Miss and many others offered her a scholarship. Also, remember that she is only 5 moths out from a knee brace after reconstruction of her knee after suffering an ACL the beginning of her Junior season. She will look completely different come this fall. That's a guarantee providing she stays healthy.

This is straight from Insell's mouth.. I am not worried about her. I will get her block to block.

Kara has performed for her AAU team vs the highest level of competition around the country and performed well. That's why MTSU, La Tech, Kansas State, Ole Miss and many others offered her a scholarship. Also, remember that she is only 5 moths out from a knee brace after reconstruction of her knee after suffering an ACL the beginning of her Junior season. She will look completely different come this fall. That's a guarantee providing she stays healthy.

I have seen Meadows play both exposure and high school ball. Super talented kid with a HIGH basketball IQ. She will excel during her tenure at MTSU. Insell will have her ready to play at the highest level.